Realacc Martian_S 220mm Lightweight 4mm Carbon Fiber FPV Racing Frame Kit-Free test - Page 8 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 16, 2017, 03:02 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Well I received my Carbon (non lightweight) arms from Banggood that I ordered when the kit arms were found out of spec.

Got her built up with some old electronics and will give her a go once I can get to the field. I am in process of tidying up the old school wiring mess.

Will add a couple of picts later.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2017, 03:50 PM
FPV addict
Maiden flight ✔

Dshot600 Ready Racerstar Labs 28A 28amp 2-5S ESC BLHeli_S 16.5 BB2 (3 min 34 sec)
Last edited by mlilasic; Jul 17, 2017 at 04:22 AM.
Jul 16, 2017, 06:26 PM
RealACC Martian S 220mm Review (13 min 30 sec)

Well it didn't live long. First crash in fact.....

The arms are definitely the worst point about this frame.

All in all It's not a bad frame it just needs some minor tweaks and revisions. Full carbon arms or better quality carbon would be a good start.

I would definitely save the money and get a better frame with a lifetime warranty since so many companies these days are offering them.

I'd be happy to give it another go if you want to send me a new arm

PROS
Cheap
Light weight

CONS
Durability
Quality
Last edited by TyroneFPV; Jul 17, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Jul 16, 2017, 08:34 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
TyroneFPV.... That sucks... but I cant say it surprises me. How bad did the crash seem?

I bailed on the 3 different thickness arms in my kit and went with some Carbon original arms... now I am glad I did.

Yes General Opinion:

PROS:
Light weight frame for size
Low Cost (may cost more in time if replacing arms often)
Easy Build (all parts and hardware work fine)
Plenty of room for all your components

CONS:
Quality Control - need quality on arm build (thickness is most obvious)
Durability of arms and possibly top plate where battery is strapped - should get improvements with minimal weight sacrifice
Last edited by kydawg1; Jul 17, 2017 at 12:09 PM.
Jul 17, 2017, 06:29 AM
The crash is right around 6 mins 20 seconds in.
I personally feel like the crash wasn't that bad enough to justify a broken arm.

Honestly it doesn't surprise me at all though either. When a motor or FC costs more than the actual frame I'd be a bit weary......
Jul 17, 2017, 03:09 PM
They need to make the carbon layers thicker. My iFlight iX5S is from a similar composite material but it took quite some crashed without the slightest damage yet. However, the carbon is much thicker. Itīs about 1mm carbon layer on the bottom and the top and 2mm of this white material between them.
Jul 18, 2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneFPV
https://youtu.be/7Bj4n-wzObg

Well it didn't live long. First crash in fact.....

The arms are definitely the worst point about this frame.

All in all It's not a bad frame it just needs some minor tweaks and revisions. Full carbon arms or better quality carbon would be a good start.

I would definitely save the money and get a better frame with a lifetime warranty since so many companies these days are offering them.

I'd be happy to give it another go if you want to send me a new arm

PROS
Cheap
Light weight

CONS
Durability
Quality

hhahhahaaa you just slapped you logo on top of my review thumbnail and used it for your video... how rude
happy you liked it
Jul 19, 2017, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeSCee
hhahhahaaa you just slapped you logo on top of my review thumbnail and used it for your video... how rude
happy you liked it
The less work I gotta do the better in this busy crazy thing called life

Nice job on the thumbnail it's exaxtly what I was looking for