Realacc Martian_S 220mm Lightweight 4mm Carbon Fiber FPV Racing Frame Kit-Free test - Page 5 - RC Groups
May 30, 2017, 04:12 PM
Hi

Here's the Martian_S streched, as I mentioned in my review. all you need is a spare PDB or some isolating plates. you can also cut the bottom plate if your not afraid of carbon dust =)
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2017, 04:11 AM
So is it real cf? Conflicting reports on conductivity.
May 31, 2017, 04:31 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
It's definitely carbon, though it has a layer of foam in between. So when trying to measure conductivity on the sides you get nothing.

If you scratch the top and measure it you get conductivity
May 31, 2017, 05:31 AM
FPV addict
Carbon parts of frame are without doubt real carbon fiber. Foam is foam.

Conductivity test of carbon layer:

Realacc Martian II Carbon Frame Test of carbon parts and quick unboxing (1 min 52 sec)
Last edited by mlilasic; May 31, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
May 31, 2017, 09:47 AM
The top and bottom laminations are carbon, the middle IS NOT.
May 31, 2017, 09:51 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Uhm yeah I think I've said that a few times already
May 31, 2017, 11:57 PM
F f D f
how do they make the foam so hard?
Jun 02, 2017, 07:13 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
It isnt its the carbon that adds the "hardness" the foam absorbs some of the stresses.
Jun 02, 2017, 10:27 PM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
Foam sandwiched between carbon fibre ? sounds pretty cool , foam can be very strong for its weight.
Very interesting new direction to take frames................ How does it cope vs trees
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch 79
I'm sure I'll try if I'm getting one
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
lol with video i hope
Yesterday I tried, unfortunately my quad is lost in a tree and I can't find it. If I ever find it I should have video proof because I had my runcam 3 on it.

Been searching with 3 people for over 2 hours and still nothing. No Camera, battery, prop or whatever piece.

Just my tears,.....
Jun 03, 2017, 09:01 AM
FPV addict
my first con and suggestion how to fix it:
I wish nuts were machine pressed into this part. like this:

so we could exchange arms without disassembling the whole quad (which is pita)
Jun 10, 2017, 08:30 AM
Here is my review of Realacc Martian_S 220mm Lightweight 4mm.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=682599

Review of Realacc Martian_S 220mm 4mm (2 min 53 sec)
Jun 10, 2017, 03:32 PM
Just finishing up my build review video. I will say for the price it seems like a really good deal. I did note a few key problems that need addressing though.

As others have noted the main problem being the camera back plate tabs. The slots they tab into are to big and the tab on one side of the mount is cut to short. It makes for a sloppy and loose mounted camera. It can be shaken around and become lodged sideways.

Another issue is the carbon quality. I know for a mere $30 what do you expect but there's pits and holes in places and handling the carbon parts leaves your hands covered in carbon dust and the edges are somewhat sharp.

The quality control on the arms was thrown out the window on this frame. All four arms were different thickness and weight.

All in all its very sturdy when assembled. I plan to finish building it but for now its on the back burner until I locate some parts. I was gonna run a Reaktor PDB/OSD but the 4 holes in the center don't align properly.
Jun 11, 2017, 02:05 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch 79
Yesterday I tried, unfortunately my quad is lost in a tree and I can't find it. If I ever find it I should have video proof because I had my runcam 3 on it.

Been searching with 3 people for over 2 hours and still nothing. No Camera, battery, prop or whatever piece.

Just my tears,.....

No way , i share your pain lol my first zmr thought it was a squirrel too , my kingkong convinced itself it was a submarine and dumped itself in the only puddle deep enough to totally submerge it.
Jun 11, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
What is the thickness of the foam layer ?
Jun 11, 2017, 02:25 PM
Dutch RC Reviewer
About 2.5mm on the arms and 1mm on the bottom part if I remember right.