Realacc Martian_S 220mm Lightweight 4mm Carbon Fiber FPV Racing Frame Kit-Free test - Page 4 - RC Groups
May 15, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch 79
Hopefully it's better quality then the Realacc Genius I've built last weekend.

Thanks Flandre
And whats wrong with Genius?
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2017, 12:24 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Holes in the arms too wide, you can make it a stretched X in both ways if you want.
Battery strap plate holes are 12mm while the strap is 20mm.
Bolt head sticks out towards the battery, ready for puncture on a crash.

FC comes with no longer supported Raceflight, Hardly visible text printed on it, adding a buzzer makes you deaf because it's continues beeping.

Flashing Betaflight Airbot F4 solved the buzzer problem.

And printing parts to make the rest reasonable.
May 16, 2017, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Holes in the arms too wide, you can make it a stretched X in both ways if you want.
Battery strap plate holes are 12mm while the strap is 20mm.
Bolt head sticks out towards the battery, ready for puncture on a crash.

FC comes with no longer supported Raceflight, Hardly visible text printed on it, adding a buzzer makes you deaf because it's continues beeping.

Flashing Betaflight Airbot F4 solved the buzzer problem.

And printing parts to make the rest reasonable.
Yep, a lot of issues. Thanks for feedback. Let's hope this Martian_S is way better
May 16, 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Yep, a lot of issues. Thanks for feedback. Let's hope this Martian_S is way better
I can promise you ill give it a good durability test.

If all goes well im planning on making mine identical to my 5 inch Alien to compare.

Reaktor OSD/PDB
KISS FC
KISS 24A ESC'S
Mr Steele Silk motors
RR edition Runcam swift
Frsky XSR receiver
TBS unify pro V2
May 16, 2017, 06:44 PM
looks good will possibly try it out soon.
Last edited by Drone Mesh; May 24, 2017 at 07:53 AM.
May 20, 2017, 07:17 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Manual says there's a Flight Controller Protection Plate but it's not in the package.

I mean this plate.
Flight Controller Protection Cover Plate Damping Plate Controller Board for Martian Series frames
https://www.banggood.com/nl/Flight-C...8&rmmds=search
May 21, 2017, 09:51 AM
youtube.com/danknee
Just received mine too. Looks like they forgot to put one in yours. Good thing it's not a crucial piece, in fact I'm probably not even going to use mine.... just realized this. ... I feel like this plate may cause a short if it's seated right up against the flight controller.

Here are a few things I noticed right off the bat:

this carbon is incredibly stiff, im going to say its stiffer than any other carbon Ive tested. it still flexes, but as I have never used this Im scared to flex it too much and run the risk of snapping it. I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing yet. I think the only way to really test this, is to either bend the plates and try to break it myself, or crash it, and I dont want to do either lol. The crashing may be an inevitability though, just might take some time.

-The carbon used here is noticeably lighter than my other frames.

-backplate for camera doesnt fit right, the tabs on the side are too small, and slide right through
Last edited by Danq0; May 21, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
May 25, 2017, 04:25 AM
I just got mine from the post and I checked if the arms are conductive....they are NOT...so the material is not carbon
May 25, 2017, 04:49 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
The outer layers are carbon with some foam layer in between.

Edit, just tried again on some other parts and the top plate and antenna protection is also carbon outside.

Make some scratches on the surface.
May 25, 2017, 07:21 AM
FPV addict
Mine came today also.

Here is first part of review
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight-4mm-Frame

&

Here is quick test, carbon parts of frame are real carbon but I don't know what type of foam is between :

Realacc Martian II Carbon Frame Test of carbon parts and quick unboxing (1 min 52 sec)

Build Log coming soon.

Last edited by mlilasic; May 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
May 28, 2017, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneFPV
I can promise you ill give it a good durability test.

If all goes well im planning on making mine identical to my 5 inch Alien to compare.

Reaktor OSD/PDB
KISS FC
KISS 24A ESC'S
Mr Steele Silk motors
RR edition Runcam swift
Frsky XSR receiver
TBS unify pro V2
Im having trouble with my unify pro v2 and i'm using the reaktor pbd/osd also. All i'm getting is fuzz in my goggles, and yes i'm using correct channels. Did you have problems with this also. What does your setup look like.
May 28, 2017, 11:18 PM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Did you route all the ground wires to the same pad? And double check the video wire, (might wanna try directly to the VTX if possible.
May 29, 2017, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Did you route all the ground wires to the same pad? And double check the video wire, (might wanna try directly to the VTX if possible.
Ok ill try that
May 29, 2017, 04:34 PM
Here's my review:
RealAcc Martian_S 220 From Banggood - unboxing, build & review (11 min 45 sec)
May 30, 2017, 05:39 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Hi BG Flandre - I too am interested.