Oct 18, 2004, 08:05 PM
Thread OP

LED Lights for Night Flights?

It's getting dark pretty early around here -gearing up for the cold winter season. At around 6:30PM one can hardly see the planes. I was just thinking that some color LEDs on the wings and tail might help. Is there such a thing out there? Ideally, it would be connected to an extra receiver channel. Flip one of those unused switches and your plane lightens up! And someone may mistakenly think is a UFO!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2004, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
This is a great system Curtek Lighting System that is already prebuilt. There are also DIY instructions out there if you do a search on RCGroups.
Oct 18, 2004, 11:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmproff
This is a great system Curtek Lighting System that is already prebuilt. There are also DIY instructions out there if you do a search on RCGroups.
Exactly! I'm putting those on my next airplane! Thanks very much for the link.

Oct 19, 2004, 02:05 AM

Another possibility

As a very cheap simple alternative, what about this type of light, available in green and red pairs, completely self contained, adhesive pads for attaching to your plane, the whole weighing in at 1.8 grams? Each light flashes about twice a second. Surprisingly bright. Will run for about 24 hours continuously and can be switched on and off manually for multiple flights. The batteries are replaceable and commonly stocked in camera shops etc.

I sell this item, but I don't want to lower this forum to a grubby commercial level with any $ details, so just PM me if you are interested.
Oct 19, 2004, 08:07 AM
jrb
jrb
Here’s another self contained LED package and thread with more info.

http://www.taisun.com/light.html

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283231
Oct 19, 2004, 08:32 AM
Fast and getting faster!
I bought some blinky lights at walmart for 84 cents a piece, they work great on my lazy moth.
Oct 19, 2004, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Great there's no shortage of options! Thanks everone for the posts.

Quick Reply