Thread Tools
Oct 21, 2018, 10:53 PM
5ti
5ti
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertus
Hi 5ti
EDF is FMS 70mm 12 Blades Ducted Fan EDF With 2845 KV2750 https://www.banggood.com/FMS-70mm-12...p-1023640.html
ESC 70A Blueseries from HK
Accu 4S 3000mAh 30/60C SLS Quantum
Hi Robertus!

Very happy because get received reply from you.

Thank you very much!
Last edited by 5ti; Oct 21, 2018 at 11:06 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2019, 01:45 AM
Registered User
robertus's Avatar
Thread OP
Got to refresh this thread.
Spetnazer how is your progress?
Apr 07, 2019, 01:13 PM
Registered User
robertus's Avatar
Thread OP
I took my Smoker for photo session
MiG-29 single EDF photo session (4 min 57 sec)
Apr 26, 2019, 02:59 PM
Registered User
Hi Robertus
Brilliant work your mig 29, finally a good representation of a goodlooking parkflyer.
In order to replicate your job what thrust, thrust to weight and wing loading you have achieved?
Thanks for the informations
May 14, 2019, 12:14 AM
Registered User
Hi Robertus. I apologize for being able to reply. the development is still stagnant, because now I'm focusing on making a Vacuum machine to make canopies. I hope this works well. I am also building a SU 30 MK II with a design that I made myself
May 14, 2019, 09:34 AM
Registered User
robertus's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox416
Hi Robertus
Brilliant work your mig 29, finally a good representation of a goodlooking parkflyer.
In order to replicate your job what thrust, thrust to weight and wing loading you have achieved?
Thanks for the informations
Sorry for late response.
The MiG-29 weights 1650g, and max thrust is around 1250g.
Wing area is 17,6 dm2 but with fuselage which can also generate lift force it may be up to 41 dm2
So wing loading is between 94/dm2 to 40g/dm2. Very low. That is why I can launch her by hand.

@spetnazer I hope you will back to the Smoker soon.
Last edited by robertus; May 14, 2019 at 09:46 AM.
May 16, 2019, 06:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertus
Sorry for late response.
The MiG-29 weights 1650g, and max thrust is around 1250g.
Wing area is 17,6 dm2 but with fuselage which can also generate lift force it may be up to 41 dm2
So wing loading is between 94/dm2 to 40g/dm2. Very low. That is why I can launch her by hand.

@spetnazer I hope you will back to the Smoker soon.
Thank you very much, one last question which is roughly the weight of the plane empty of the electronics?
Thanks for help I looking forward to build a su 33 on my own and searching information on design
May 16, 2019, 10:53 AM
Registered User
robertus's Avatar
Thread OP
It is difficult to say, I didn't weigh but let's count
EDF combo: 175g
ESC: 75
LiPo: 320g
Servos: 90g
cables, afterburner: lets say 100g.
So plane without electronics weights around 890g.
May 17, 2019, 02:23 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertus
It is difficult to say, I didn't weigh but let's count
EDF combo: 175g
ESC: 75
LiPo: 320g
Servos: 90g
cables, afterburner: lets say 100g.
So plane without electronics weights around 890g.
Thanks a lot, again beautiful job
May 17, 2019, 05:49 PM
Registered User
Very nice build and flying
Jul 24, 2019, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Nice light weight design of one of my favorite jets. You cant beat how low wing loading planes fly. I made a GWS B 2 as a single 50mm with a belly inlet and it was around 20oz auw. Heres how l did it
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...avily-modified

Not only did it fly better than expected but it achieved flight times of over 6 min. No problem.
GWS B2 highly modified (3 min 41 sec)
Jul 31, 2019, 10:52 PM
Registered User
those afterburners have to be the most realistic options ive seen on an EDF to date, awesome work mate
love the colour scheme too, that looks amazing!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product MIG-29 EDF 70mm Jet with thrust vectoring PDF Plans crispy1074 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 1 Feb 11, 2014 02:24 PM
New Product MIG-29 with thrust vectoring 70mm EDF Jet. PDF Plans crispy1074 Foamy EDFs 0 Feb 10, 2014 10:17 PM
My MiG-29 for single 480MF Haldor Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 63 Feb 22, 2002 12:51 PM