This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 07, 2017, 04:36 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Rainbow 2 Part 4 ( Motor and Pod (?) )

Product page

The ply mount is way small for a 2212 and its alloy mount ...
So I had to remove the mount and screw the 2212 directly to the ply mount ( see pictures )

I put the servos in sideways , flush with the surface of the wing ...

I also ran the servo wires through the slot cut for them .

A) The servo wire slot is a very fine cut , you may wish to use a BBQ skewer to open it up so that the wires are easily pushed in .
B) Dont glue anything !

The engine pod / fuselage ....

There literally are no instructions regarding its instillation what so ever ...

A) Work out where you want to cut the slots for the fuse / pod
B) Make sure your motor prop has clearance
C) Try an not mount it too far forward
D) It really is hard to get it wrong
E) I put the rear fuse ( mount legs ?) about 5mm inboard from the servo wire slot ... And tried very hard to keep everything central .. ( I used calipers )
When having done the rear slots , I then measured / marked / and cut the central slots , fitted the fuse / pod and then marked / measured / cut the forward slots ..

Did it slowly and carefully ...
Also used the BBQ skewer to open up the slots so that the Ply legs would insert without force ...

I haven't glued anything in place yet .. I will pop in the ESC / Receiver / and battery and see how much room I have , locate the goodies , and then see about the CG .. Once everything looks good I will glue things in place ...
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply