Workhorse Plane - RC Groups
May 07, 2017, 04:56 AM
Mr Birdie ~ Flight Expert
Discussion

Workhorse Plane

I've had this stick plane now for years, I designed and built it all from scratch from balsa and wood etc, I based it roughly on a winged slow vee, and it was for AP. I've flown it many many flights, at least 300 or more, some carrying rather heavy cameras but mostly a small video camera. It has great short take of and landing capabilities and can fly on a 1000mah 2s up to a 3s 3000 mah. It has two wings, a plain one with dihedral and a flat one running ailerons, the original dihedral wing is the lightest and better performing one. It has a 3 axis stabilizer accessed on the gear switch for steady pictures which I also found makes landing in wind smoother too, but for general flying I leave it off as it just adds to the amp draw. This plane was built when Bar-Stool was around doing the mods to slow sticks, and is still going!. Its on its second motor, its first one went up in flames on the kitchen table during a static run up. I love the red see through wings and have spent many a sunny day cruising it around the skies. I have had many other planes and helis but this one has outlasted them all. I just have this plane now and a Spectrum DX7 transmitter, I still have the aluminium rib template in case it needs repairing. Its had one crash into a very tall tree, when I handed the Transmitter to a friend of mine as I had to deal with my Son rather quickly after he fell off a swing, my mate who was primarily a chopper flier kept it in the sky till just before I could get back to him and then quickly handed it back just as it collided with the tree. The wing fluttered down undamaged then we spend an hour throwing sticks up at it, as it was just hanging by the tail!. It came down eventually and was undamagednand has been flying ever since.
Last edited by 2StrokeMatty; May 07, 2017 at 05:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts