This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 07, 2017, 12:07 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Rainbow 2 Part 3

Ok , did some prop testing today ...

I am going to shoe horn in my 2212 2200kv motor ..
This motor has a Max Amp ratting of 12A and a continuous max ratting of 10A
I only plan on running 2s and

I only have a bunch of 6 inch Dia Props so decided to just bite the bullet and test them ..

The most thrust seemed to come from the Gemfan 6x4 Bull Nose , unfortunately on 2s it was pulling some 15 amp ..
But it had enough thrust to pull my test block of wood out of my hand ..

Most of the other props 6x4 and 6x4.5 were pulling around 10A with good thrust ...
The best prop for me was a 6x4 that was pulling 8 Amp and producing good thrust .. I dont know the brand .. ( I will include a picture soon )

So that was my morning , sorting out the motor / prop combo ... ( I did try a 6x3 Gemfan , @ some 5A the thrust was adequate ) I will have to see about some 7 inch props ( maybe a 7x3 )

Right now I am sorting out my servo install ... ( 9g )
If you install your servos vertical , dont forget to cut a servo lead slot ..
I decided to do some cutting and lay my servos down on their sides .. ( See pictures )

There is a slot in the wing for the servo lead running to the fuse , but it needs to be widened .
So thats today ..
Play with the motor and install servos ...
I really am trying to do this right ! So I am not in a particular hurry ..
Oh and don't forget , glue the servos in last , after you have connected your radio and done some basic trims ...

So far this has been some what bush league , seriously . I have not encountered any serious problems or assembly functions requiring anything close to advanced skills or techniques ... One of these wings could be a great first model ... And by no means cost prohibitive ..

Rainbow2 Flying wing Product page

Up next will be my motor install and fuse install
Last edited by old4570; May 07, 2017 at 01:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2017, 12:20 AM
Thread OP

Prop

Ok , included a picture of the props that pulled the least current ..

Thrust was pretty much in line with the other 6 inch props except for the Gemfan bull nose ( 6x4 ) which had the most thrust by far as well the highest current draw ...

I don't know where these props came from ? Ebay - BG or GB (?)
Last edited by old4570; May 07, 2017 at 01:36 AM.

Quick Reply