Low end FPV goggles for starter, or should i go for the high end ones(fatshark doms) - RC Groups
May 06, 2017, 08:22 PM
Question

Low end FPV goggles for starter, or should i go for the high end ones(fatshark doms)

Hi, I'm really into the mini-quads and I do not currently own any FPV equipment. I was wondering weather I should go ahead and buy a high end goggle like the fatshark dominator hd3's or if i should get a cheaper pair like the fatshark teleporter kit. Thanks for the advice
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2017, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicks33
Hi, I'm really into the mini-quads and I do not currently own any FPV equipment. I was wondering weather I should go ahead and buy a high end goggle like the fatshark dominator hd3's or if i should get a cheaper pair like the fatshark teleporter kit. Thanks for the advice
I would consider getting some very low cost solution like the Quanaum headset or something like that. They are more than adequate to start and after making the decision to get really serious about FPV, get the very high end dream setup you really want like the FS HD3s or or whatever you consider the best. This way you will get flying immediately and start enjoying FPV, then when ready to step up get the best. You still won't regret the lower end headset because you will have a decent setup for friends or observers to offer them a ride along.

I have gotten quite a few folks involved with FPV because I had a spare set for ride alongs. Nothing like a spare set of FPV gear to get others excited about flying and you might get some flying buddies to enjoy the hobby with.
May 06, 2017, 10:22 PM
I agree, I started FPV about a month ago with an Eachine EV80. I bought it for $55 and I believe it's on sale right now...you might want to take a look...
May 07, 2017, 08:11 AM
+1 for EV80, is the most versatile display of its class, I am amazed that other manufacturers didn't adopted yet this split case design.

Don't even consider a single second any brand visualization device with such specs as teleporter:
(25 FOV)
QVGA resolution (320 X 240)

These aren't lower end specs, are instant trashing class specs.
May 15, 2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicks33
I'd recommend going with the Marvel Vision goggles for your first pair. It has a great compact design and great internal receiver for $100. Plus some of the cheaper Quanum goggles have issues with certain receivers. I also agree to not waste your money on the Teleporters. If you really like FPV and like the smaller FOV of goggles compared to headbox goggles, then start towards the Attitudes.
May 15, 2017, 04:44 PM
Marvel Vision have low resolution at 480x272 pixels, avoid any google with such low count of pixels even if you get them as gift.

For $85 today you can have good 800x480 screen, diversity (dual receiver) and DVR, all embedded into the headset. For anything else not HD that is asking more you pay the brand, not features.

Quick Reply