New skirt??? - RC Groups
May 06, 2017, 02:03 PM
Discussion

New skirt???

Whitman Marauder,

This skirt is in relatively bad shape. Anyone willing to rebuild it, or recondition it for me, or know how to do it??

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Kim

to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2017, 05:05 PM
Rapidly aging user
Kim - I would try to remove the skirt first. After that, it looks like the sections are sewn together where they meet. If so, snip the threads so you can separate the sections & use them as patterns to cut-out new ones (take plenty of pics first! ).
I got my rip-stop nylon cloth @ good price on eBay (remains) from guy's that make lightweight tents for backpackers. You'll probably need something heavier for your gas powered job.
If you mark the curvy sewing lines (what gives the skirt it's cross section shape) and tape or pin the pieces together, you can probably cajole a friend to do the sewing.
Good luck, hope this helps....
Ralph
May 10, 2017, 07:49 PM

Thanks

Thank you very much for that. It was also suggested that I use a tent ground sheet.