May 06, 2017, 10:43 AM
Discussion

7954 and PowerSafe

I have a friend that bought a plane with a 9110 PowerSafe receiver, DX9, two 2s lipos and HS7954 servos. The servos are making a loud ratchet noise throughout travel. He installed a Futaba HV receiver on the other elevator half for comparison and there is no noise. This isn't about the Spektrum/Futaba wars (I'm running the same Spektrum PS setup in a 50cc gasser and Savox 1270's without issue). He tried changing the frame rate between 11 and 22 ms and the noise decreased a bit but didn't go away. I've never experienced this before. Any thoughts on what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Neil
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2017, 11:05 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
I'd need to see a video to get a better idea, noise doesn't usually translate through text very well.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
May 09, 2017, 06:53 AM
Thank you - I'll figure out how to post a video here at some point. Looks like it has to be uploaded somewhere like YouTube first? My lastest advice to him was to pack it up and send it to Horizon for inspection. He put a different receiver in it and the issue went away. Those are too nice of a receiver to just set it aside.

Neil
May 09, 2017, 10:50 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgnfg
Thank you - I'll figure out how to post a video here at some point. Looks like it has to be uploaded somewhere like YouTube first? My lastest advice to him was to pack it up and send it to Horizon for inspection. He put a different receiver in it and the issue went away. Those are too nice of a receiver to just set it aside.

Neil
Might have been the receiver causing the issue then if a different receiver solved the problem.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse