Aug 15, 2019, 09:47 AM
Can't wait to see what you come up with. This whole thread is awesome!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 06:38 AM
I agree with everybody else who has posted here. GREAT work. I have always thought that it would be great to put a motor on each wheel, but as far as I know, nobody has done it before. I can't wait.
FWIW, not that many of us have their own 3-D printer. In my case, though, there is a local library that has a printer that I can schedule time on. Unfortunately, they only use PLA. I started out by buying WL Toys buggies and they were plagued with plastic gears not lasting. The solution was installing metal gears that were offered as an upgrade afterwards. Maybe some of your earlier issues can be fixed by using metal in wear areas - no detriment to your designs, but a little better wear characteristics.
I think I read you were using a FlySky transmitter. Mine drives me nuts! The switch under the roller is terrible, but essential for everything you do with the transmitter. I've read you need to install a separate momentary contact push button. Owners have also run into problems with the on-off button and the potentiometer in the steering. Other than that, it's great.
Aug 16, 2019, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
I haven't used my NB4 that much so I hope it doesn't go bad on me. I only drive occasionally these days. I fly more than I drive.
Aug 16, 2019, 07:30 PM
I have enough wind around me that I got into vehicles because of it. The weather will be changing soon enough and you can design us a nice 4-motor drive truck or buggy. I was thinking of getting a nice crawler with my Christmas and birthday funds. I think I'll wait and see what happens here instead.
Aug 20, 2019, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
I tried to clean up the files on Thingiverse and Cults to reduce confusion. I removed a lot of old stuff. Let me know if something's missing. There was a lot to go through.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:39 AM
Iím looking forward to the 4 motor version. Iím sure there will be many parts to print. Iím not sure how many thread followers have printed big jobs before, but I caution guys to do a part at a time. If you try to print the entire job in one print, you run the risk of messing up multiple parts if one messes up and the screw up daisy chains to other parts. I had a part come loose from the glass plate 1/2 hour into a 6 hour print. Every time the printer came to that location, it left a drivel of plastic that wanted to be carried by the nozzle to the next part. It was a situation where I didnít want to lose that 1/2 hour, but it turned into a PITA for the whole job. Doing each individual part gives you better quality parts. It just takes a lot longer.
Sep 05, 2019, 04:37 PM
Thread OP
I got the four ESCs today. They are just 10 A units and are tiny. I just hope the motor kv is low enough to work. I'm still waiting for the motors to get here.
Sep 05, 2019, 06:48 PM
No rush. Make sure you're happy with the results.

Quick Reply