Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by schrodingers cat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 06, 2019, 01:10 AM
Brisbane, Australia
There's a walkthrough here. No it won't cost you anything to list a frame, when someone buys it, AP adds 3.5% to the cost and the buyer pays that, it all happens in the checkout.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2019, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian444
There's a walkthrough [url=https://intofpv.com/t-design-your-frame-armattan-will-cut-it]here..

Thanks Ian I actually did find that post on IntoFPV this morning. Only thing is the link is dead but it should go to the Armattan FAQ page that I posted a link to in my question. There is no info on the actual submission process there that I can see anyway unless I am missing something. Oh it does say "First, you need to register on the website. Then you can create your own shop" I am registered, well I have an account there but no info on creating a shop that I can see.

EDIT - I'll put in a support ticket on Armattan productions..
Last edited by Pedro147; Feb 06, 2019 at 02:09 AM.
Feb 06, 2019, 02:21 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Got to the top right of the page and log in, then back at the top right where your name is, click on that and select My Store. Once in your store, click on Create Product/Kit and you might be good to go.
Feb 06, 2019, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian444
Got to the top right of the page and log in, then back at the top right where your name is, click on that and select My Store. Once in your store, click on Create Product/Kit and you might be good to go.
Thanks Ian, now I am in business

EDIT - I submitted my design so thanks again for the help Ian. Here is a link to Armattan's videos on using their site etc which I found useful
Last edited by Pedro147; Feb 07, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
Feb 06, 2019, 07:26 AM
annefernee
Quote:
Originally Posted by teracis
I have a printed pair of humpty sleds for you, assuming you're in the city today they should be delivered to you, I messaged yesterday but figured you were flat out. They will need a clean up but will work for test fitting.
If they clear everything and look alright to you we can get some carbon prototypes reasonably quickly.

As for the flying, I didn't see it yet, I assume it's on yt? If you're ever flying in the office give me a yell beforehand, I'm always keen and I can take lunch usually whenever. I showed the lads outside on L2 last year, only with 1935 props on so I didn't go too crazy just a few loops and dives etc. It's a decently big area but was windy.
Hi teracis,

Sorry I missed you, was in Kent street today and yesterday on training, n will be in PI planning tomorrow at Cliftons. I'll be back at Kogs on Friday, if your there will catch up. Or if your cool, can leave in my locker #87, I'll be able to play over the weekend.

For sure, will let you know when I'll be flying again, it was more a few test hovers and to see if I needed PID tuning..

I'm waiting for my colleague to email(send link) to me with the video from his phone... Will post online..

Cheers,
annefernee.
Feb 06, 2019, 08:13 AM
Test Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by annefernee
Hi teracis,

Sorry I missed you, was in Kent street today and yesterday on training, n will be in PI planning tomorrow at Cliftons. I'll be back at Kogs on Friday, if your there will catch up. Or if your cool, can leave in my locker #87, I'll be able to play over the weekend.

For sure, will let you know when I'll be flying again, it was more a few test hovers and to see if I needed PID tuning..

I'm waiting for my colleague to email(send link) to me with the video from his phone... Will post online..

Cheers,
annefernee.
I'll send them to the planning event tomorrow, hopefully they catch up with you!
If you can test fit them around the stack (you will need to clean up the camera holes etc.) We'll look at changes and or prototyping a set from cf. I still can't get over how much they look like an egg btw.

Because of that height they may actually need some changes to the sled/frame interface area, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
Feb 07, 2019, 05:23 AM
the people squad
Thread OP

A better mousetrap?

development continues on the T200 and it's time to show some pics

So the Bezerk edition T200 is lighter and stronger due to the new cruciform centre-section. This also allows options for different stack pcd options.
We aim to offer the frame in 30.5x30.5, 30x30, and 20x20 configurations. Motor mounts cater for both the 16 and 19 mount patterns.

The new tweaks provide demonstrable extra rigidity and strength, the frame is lighter around the motor mount area too.

Given how well the original T200 is performing, it is exciting to see how this new frame goes.

There is also an experimental 4mm frame in a cladded core which weighs in at under 20g

There is consideration in scaling up the fpv interface from the zappy range for fpv, along with potential for our own moulded canopy
Last edited by schrodingers cat; Feb 07, 2019 at 06:07 AM.
Feb 07, 2019, 05:42 AM
Look forward to hearing the flying review
Feb 07, 2019, 05:53 AM
the people squad
Thread OP
Ahhh Big Gles, I was wondering when you might rear that dashing head
Feb 07, 2019, 05:56 AM
Crashing at a park near you :P
Feb 07, 2019, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
development continues on the T200 and it's time to show some pics

So the Bezerk edition T200 is lighter and stronger due to the new cruciform centre-section. This also allows options for different stack pcd options.
We aim to offer the frame in 30.5x30.5, 30x30, and 20x20 configurations. Motor mounts cater for both the 16 and 19 mount patterns.

The new tweaks provide demonstrable extra rigidity and strength, the frame is lighter around the motor mount area too.

Given how well the original T200 is performing, it is exciting to see how this new frame goes.

There is also an experimental 4mm frame in a cladded core which weighs in at under 20g

There is consideration in scaling up the fpv interface from the zappy range for fpv, along with potential for our own moulded canopy
Nice frames Dave! and those old school semi bullnose DALs.

Extra cross section centre bracing is a good plan at these sizes. That foam core frame is seriously light, ideal for a superlight 2204, 700-850 4S setup. How does feel in torsional stiffness? Interested to see how well it stands up and whether you get any delamination issues, keep us updated.
Feb 07, 2019, 07:05 AM
the people squad
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR74
Nice frames Dave! and those old school semi bullnose DALs.

Extra cross section centre bracing is a good plan at these sizes. That foam core frame is seriously light, ideal for a superlight 2204, 700-850 4S setup. How does feel in torsional stiffness? Interested to see how well it stands up and whether you get any delamination issues, keep us updated.
I hear you Tim, There's a further improvement in the pipeline to increase the torsional stiffness, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the frame when it reaches your doorstep...
Feb 07, 2019, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
I hear you Tim, There's a further improvement in the pipeline to increase the torsional stiffness, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the frame when it reaches your doorstep...
Ooooo, you're too kind, looking forward to it.

I had an idea a while back, of using carbon braided sleeve around a skinny foam core replaceable armed design. This would add torsional stiffness and protect the sides of the foam. The sleeves are available in many different sizes and can greatly expand and contract to conform around the arm.
Does mean busting out the messy laminating resin to make, which is a downside, but structurally it should work well.

Whether I'll ever get around to it.....
Feb 07, 2019, 07:42 AM
annefernee
Quote:
Originally Posted by teracis
I'll send them to the planning event tomorrow, hopefully they catch up with you!
If you can test fit them around the stack (you will need to clean up the camera holes etc.) We'll look at changes and or prototyping a set from cf. I still can't get over how much they look like an egg btw.

Because of that height they may actually need some changes to the sled/frame interface area, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.
Hi teracis, received Humpty sides today, many thanks for the effort, I've dry fitted and hope to build and fly over the weekend.

I'm liking the look and it gives the camera just that little eggxtra height to clear the props for video.

It is perfect for the 130mm frame with 3" props, see pics.

Cheers,
annefernee
Feb 07, 2019, 07:45 AM
annefernee
Though when fitted to the Zappy 120mm frame it would have to remain on 2 and half inch props.

I dry fitted 3" props and they were touching the 3D printed sides, I noticed the CF sides are nearly double the thickness, so definitely not for 3" props on the 120mm frame.

Cheers,
annefernee.

Quick Reply