Blade Theory XL FPV BNF - Five-Inch Quad - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Blade Theory XL FPV BNF - Five-Inch Quad

Blade steps up their drone game with a BNF version of their Theory XL 5-inch carbon quad. It's pretuned with Betaflight and ready to bang through the gates or freestyle. Let's take a closer look!

The Blade Theory XL FPV BNF

Ready to Fly at $379

Horizon Hobby has just announced the newest quad in their Blade lineup, and this time, it's a pre-tuned and ready to race five inch quad. The Blade Theory XL is pretty close to a true X design, but slightly longer in length than width. It's not a new frame, but the BNF version is brand new! With five inch arms (127mm), the Theory XL is great for 3S and 4S class racing, as well as freestyling and practicing your moves without wasting time in the PID tuning and setup department. The Theory XL comes with a 200mW 5.6GHz transmitter and omni antenna, a 700tvl camera, 2206-2450kV motors with 3-blade props, and a Spektrum F3 Flight Controller with Betaflight.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Blade Theory XL FPV BNF

Blade Theory XL 5" BNF Basic Race Quad (7 min 18 sec)

Features:

• Stretched X Design
  • Thrust 2206-2450Kv motors
  • Betaflight configurable F3 flight controller
  • Newly designed power distribution board
  • 30A BLHeli ESCs
  • 200mW VTx with pitmode
  • Spektrum Telemetry Receiver
  • 700 TVL CMOS camera
  • Adjustable camera angle
  • 4S LiPo ready
  • 4mm carbon fiber frame

Last edited by Matt Gunn; May 05, 2017 at 11:25 AM..
May 05, 2017, 03:17 PM
why not CCD and dshot?...
May 06, 2017, 10:44 AM
Wondering what's different or any better than the blade conspiracy besides the shape of the frame?
May 06, 2017, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sirk
Wondering what's different or any better than the blade conspiracy besides the shape of the frame?
it has 2206 motors compared to the 2205 on the conspiracy and 30 amp esc's as opposed to 20 amp is the biggest difference i can see. I wonder if they actually made these out of carbon this time, the origional theory X frame was actually a carbon skin on delrin and not carbon the whole way through. I have one on pre order regardless
May 06, 2017, 03:32 PM
How does Theory XL compare to vortex 250 UmmaGawd ?
May 07, 2017, 04:14 AM
Blade does great stuff but I can't figure out WHY they so hate OSD...
May 07, 2017, 10:36 AM
Having the conspiracy already. I think ill hold off on this one until there is some major differences. I hope there is some battery break throughs soon. This 2:20 flight times are a drag.
May 07, 2017, 05:25 PM
Old spec stuff
Last edited by ValkmanRc; May 09, 2017 at 12:07 AM.
May 10, 2017, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkmanRc
Old spec stuff
Not really. Its all current proven stuff. D-Shot is of dubious value, the code to make the most of F4 based controllers is not 100% mature, lots of guys are fine with CMOS cameras and they are cheaper so it helps hit a price point. It should have an OSD though...pref a separate board.
May 16, 2017, 09:27 PM
I would like to recommend FuriBee Fuuton 200 about this type,I think FuriBee Fuuton better than this,Whether price or configuration, F3 Flight Controller with OSD PDB,BLHeli - S 20A DShot, 600TVL CCD camera,Frsky 16CH receiver. $206.67,and also have coupon price!http://www.gearbest.com/brush-fpv-racer/pp_608202.html
May 17, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splaf
Blade does great stuff but I can't figure out WHY they so hate OSD...
I found that having telemetry reports from the transmitter works way better for me than having to keep an eye out for the corner of the screen. Maybe that's what Blade is trying to get their customers to experience.

Then again it's largely personal preference for setups.
Jun 10, 2017, 07:26 PM
OSD is a lot better these days than the past. I was always against it and would rather have the radio tell me the time or voltage etc. But with the latest controllers and UIG e.g betaflight the OSD's have become so user friendly and you can put on the screen what suits you.
Not only that say if you have voltage on screen. You can set the low voltage limit so when your battery goes to that limit the icon on the screen will start to flash so there is no need to really keep your eye on it. Same can be said for flight time or altitude etc..
Having looked at this setup it is old spec stuff. F3 flight controller etc not to mention CMOS camera.
Jun 13, 2017, 12:44 AM
Professional UAV Services
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy Richard
I would like to recommend FuriBee Fuuton 200 about this type,I think FuriBee Fuuton better than this,Whether price or configuration, F3 Flight Controller with OSD PDB,BLHeli - S 20A DShot, 600TVL CCD camera,Frsky 16CH receiver. $206.67,and also have coupon price!http://www.gearbest.com/brush-fpv-racer/pp_608202.html
The Fuuton is a terrible frame and no-one should buy one, it is the epitome of a rubbish frame kitted out with rubbish hardware being sold by a company with rubbish customer service..........
Jun 13, 2017, 04:08 AM
For someone that is coming back to racing after 4 years which one would be the best pick
This or the Vortex 150 pro ? any advise. There they are priced similarly. Thx
Jun 15, 2017, 05:02 PM
A quick review.

BLADE THEORY XL 5" BNF REVIEW - FPV Race Quad (14 min 45 sec)