This thread is privately moderated by Megowcoupe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 03, 2018, 11:45 PM

Hummingbird Model Products

Hi All,
I just found this and thought I would add my little company to the mix: Hummingbird Model Products ( https://hummingbirdmodelproducts.com ) had a range of free flight kits and tools available hope y'all find something that appeals. If you have any feedback on the site, products or pricing I would appreciate it.

Bernard
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2018, 04:08 PM

Balsa strippers now available

Hi All,
I am doing balsa strippers now as well. Get yours while I am still in business.

https://hummingbirdmodelproducts.com/tools/

thanks for your support
Bernard
Apr 19, 2018, 12:47 PM
They look great.
Aug 09, 2018, 03:05 AM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
its 8/918 the dollar store is selling 25 sheets 20x20 assorted colored tissue, Ive already tried it and haven't had any problems....gettem while their hot!!
Aug 21, 2018, 07:29 AM
Started this PP Druine Turbulent with my 11 year old son this past January. It took a while around school and summer activities (and work). He did most of the work. His first stick model, and my first one in over 30 years!

Added a little nose weight. It balances well. Weather is terrible, so only able to do some glide tests in the house. Seems to glide nice. Will see how it does when we can get to a nice open field!

Next project - a Guillow's Champ!
Sep 13, 2018, 08:57 AM
Free Flight rubber flyer
I reckon I should throw my name in the hat too. jhaerospace.com is where I sell a variety of free flight products. Including some rocket powered ones.
Nov 18, 2018, 07:03 PM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfinn
I reckon I should throw my name in the hat too. jhaerospace.com is where I sell a variety of free flight products. Including some rocket powered ones.
great vidoes too
Dec 21, 2018, 10:19 PM
If anyone is interested in plans and informative books try www.plansandthings.com
Lots of good stuff.

Have fun, Jim
Dec 23, 2018, 10:53 AM
AeroDan
Been looking here recently: www.brodak.com Not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not. Dan
Last edited by Bell47G2; Dec 23, 2018 at 03:48 PM.
Dec 23, 2018, 12:28 PM
Balsa Flies Better!
Thread OP
I haven't tried one of the Dare kits after Brodak took over. I have built at least one Dare kit and what struck me was that the wood quality was inconsistent. I built the kit (Sopwith Tripe) close to 20 years ago and I recall needing to source trailing edge stock and substitute or splice spars.

Many of the Dare kits are designed by Mike Midkiff. He's a good designer and a nice guy- I've got a bunch of his airplanes. But they're not for beginners. I haven't tried the beginner type gliders that Brodak now has, but I haven't seen many of them around.

Stevens Aero has some nice catapult gliders though that I can vouch for first hand.

Sam
Dec 27, 2018, 01:03 AM
Rocky Mountain High and Higher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
Been looking here recently: www.brodak.com Not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not. Dan
I remember when "Brodak" was the name in RC, could still be. Glad still around.

Quick Reply