Aug 24, 2018, 10:34 AM
I have the SC-608 and haven't had an issue, but have been reading up on your problem because I was about to buy a Q6+ recently.

I've heard the iChargers instructions say to plug in the balance lead before the battery main, and someone selling isdts on eBay said the same in there instructions. I have both chargers and do the opposite without problems, but worth a try.

I've also read the isdt can have issues with parallel boards using 6s balance plugs but less than 6s batteries. Like 4s you should remove 2 of the pins and wires from the connector attaching to the charger. Sounds stupid, but something I read.

I don't know if you're parallel charging, or if you had any problems before the update ?

Yesterday at the field my buddy started having the same problems, no issues the previous 2 months prior. I'll share if anything gets better with his, I know it's frustrating.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2018, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photolad61
I have the SC-608 and haven't had an issue, but have been reading up on your problem because I was about to buy a Q6+ recently.

I've heard the iChargers instructions say to plug in the balance lead before the battery main, and someone selling isdts on eBay said the same in there instructions. I have both chargers and do the opposite without problems, but worth a try.

I've also read the isdt can have issues with parallel boards using 6s balance plugs but less than 6s batteries. Like 4s you should remove 2 of the pins and wires from the connector attaching to the charger. Sounds stupid, but something I read.

I don't know if you're parallel charging, or if you had any problems before the update ?

Yesterday at the field my buddy started having the same problems, no issues the previous 2 months prior. I'll share if anything gets better with his, I know it's frustrating.
Thanks for the replay, Yea I have been parallel charging but have been plugging the balance lead in first every time, also am charging 6s so I don't think the suggestion with 6s plugs with less than 6s is my issue. Ill try a new balance board today and see how it works, If not I may have to email my supplier and see if there is something they can do about it cause it is driving me crazy!!! Ill repost if a fresh balance board seems to do the trick...
Sep 02, 2018, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockrat
Yes, it still works. It gives this error like 1 in 20 charges but not in 50% like before. Try to replace charge board or connect battery directly.
Thank you Sockrat!! My problem has been solved!!! I got a new parallel charge board and I have not had those dreaded "Abnormal Battery Connection" error since. I was having the issue before I updated to v33 even when charging battery directly connected to the charger, but now that I have updated to v33 and using a new charge board I am 10 charges (6x6s) without issue...
Oct 29, 2018, 12:11 AM
Any tips to getting the firmware upgraded i am on ver30 and would like to update to ver33 but can't seem to get it to read charger?
I am using sclinker and am able to change charger name which tells me the charger is connected but when i try to do upgrade tells me can't be connected, i am on windows 7...any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Nov 05, 2018, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuono28
Any tips to getting the firmware upgraded i am on ver30 and would like to update to ver33 but can't seem to get it to read charger?
I am using sclinker and am able to change charger name which tells me the charger is connected but when i try to do upgrade tells me can't be connected, i am on windows 7...any tips would be greatly appreciated!
ISDT Q6 firmware update issue (0 min 50 sec)

Quick Reply