May 17, 2017, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldjacket
Worked great when it did. Now just went to charge my lipos and plug it in. Nothing at all like there is no battery plugged into for power. Tried multiple sources of 12-16.7volts sources. and nothing black screen Zero ziltch. Any Ideas maybe a firmware update but I have not cable and ill have to wait a month to find out it may not work. I doubt it would work since theres no power up at all. No boot screen or anything.
if support/warranty isn't an option, here's how to peek inside
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&postcount=61
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2017, 02:28 AM
Just picked up one of these, and it seems to be working properly, but I'm not able to charge my 6s packs above 7amps, despite the max current being set to 10 or 14 amps. If I charge packs with fewer cells, I can go beyond 7 amps.

My power supply is more than capable of delivering the power, as it works fine with my iCharger 406 duo.

Is this normal?
May 21, 2017, 05:41 AM
If your power supply provide only 14V output voltage, then this is normal. At 14V input, the Q6 has 170Watt charging power. These are with a 6s battery 6.8A.
For the full charging capacity of 300W, you need a power supply that can supply 24V and at least 13A. So you could charge your 6s battery with just nearly 12A.
May 29, 2017, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISDT
XT60 output port voltage is not very accurate, you need to get a cable From The battery and connect to balance port. That's the best way.
Thanks. My balance port needs to be calibrated can you help me with that? Ive triple checked against a CellLog 8, PowerLog 6, and my 308 Duo. Cell #1 is too high and #3 is too low.
Jun 18, 2017, 11:38 PM
Ron
Mine wont work on a 24v power supply it says abnormal battery connection. I got 2 of these and both do it. One now wont work at all just says abnormal battery connection and the other only works off my car battery. I got a efuel 15v to 24v 60a 1500w PS so i know its got what it needs. I got theone that broke from buddyrc 3 months ago so i contacted them about it and they said they got my email but wont reply now. Isdt told me its a fuse thats so small its insane. I guess im just out $55 unless i can solder a fuse thats like a 1/16" in size.
Last edited by Schnurr75; Jun 18, 2017 at 11:48 PM.
Aug 25, 2017, 04:14 PM
My Q6 won't charge above 10.5A. At that current the little internal fan is running all the time so I suspect it is a heat dissipation issue. I have it plugged into a 600W power supply so supply current shouldn't be the bottle neck.

Does anyone have theirs running at greater than 10.5A?

Thanks
Sep 02, 2017, 10:41 AM
Soaring Peacock Aerials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurr75
Mine wont work on a 24v power supply it says abnormal battery connection. I got 2 of these and both do it. One now wont work at all just says abnormal battery connection and the other only works off my car battery. I got a efuel 15v to 24v 60a 1500w PS so i know its got what it needs. I got theone that broke from buddyrc 3 months ago so i contacted them about it and they said they got my email but wont reply now. Isdt told me its a fuse thats so small its insane. I guess im just out $55 unless i can solder a fuse thats like a 1/16" in size.
I'm having this same problem. I can't seem to find any more info.
Nov 07, 2017, 03:30 PM
An Original!
Has anyone gotten their problems solved or explained. I'm thinking of getting one of these. I'll probably buy one from Aloft. I suspect they would warranty it if it went bad.
Nov 07, 2017, 03:33 PM
RCG Admin
I haven't had any issues with mine.
Nov 07, 2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwjcp
My Q6 won't charge above 10.5A. At that current the little internal fan is running all the time so I suspect it is a heat dissipation issue. I have it plugged into a 600W power supply so supply current shouldn't be the bottle neck.

Does anyone have theirs running at greater than 10.5A?

Thanks
What voltage is your power supply. To get max output power you need a supply near the max input voltage.
Old Jan 05, 2018, 02:28 PM
TweakRacer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while TweakRacer edits it.
Jan 10, 2018, 11:20 AM
is there an AC plug for this unit?
Jan 10, 2018, 11:54 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifteer
is there an AC plug for this unit?
Nope, just dc xt60 input.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Feb 01, 2018, 06:20 PM
I'm also getting "abnormal battery connection" error popping up randomly 30% of the times after updating firmware to the 2.1.0.28. It never happened with the old firmware, but charging current was way wrong (could show 9A when you set to 4A).
And yes, I've tried many different batteries, charging boards, etc. Even tried calibrating cells as seems charger compares sum of cell voltages to the voltage on charge leads. Seems like a firmware bug where they put a comma in the tolerance constant in a wrong place and it reacts on 10mV difference.
Will try 2.1.0.30 to see if they've solved it. If not would be a pity - it's a very nice charger but the bug makes it useless.

I think what ISDT needs to really focus on is firmware robustness instead of delivering a new product every month. From the firmware change log I'd say the first versions (which I have) were shipped even not with a beta version, but some development prototype which couldn't even measure current and capacity properly:

Q6 V 2.1.0.30
กกกกกก1.Fix system bugs, enhance system safety
Q6 V 2.1.0.28
1. Fix capacity measurement problem.
2. Optimize discharge and storage algorithms.
Q6 V 2.1.0.26
1, Modify charging control algorithm.
2, Enhance communication reliability.
3, Modify the implementation for voltage calibration.
4, Optimize balance charging performance.
Q6 V 2.1.0.17
1.Fix system bugs, enhance system safety
Q6 V 2.1.0.15
1. Updated the calibration function of users.
Q6 V 2.1.0.13
1, Optimization of the feeling while using button.
2, Optimization of fan control for discharge.
3, Optimization of error current display.
4, Optimization of part UI display.
5, Optimization of calculation of charging power accumulation
Q6 V2.1.0.11
1. Stop charge power calculation after charging completion
2. Correct the current display error.
3. Optimize automatic battery type analysis algorithm.

Update: 2.1.0.30 didn't address the issue. Sometimes battery will charge when plugged directly and some charging boards work more often than others (but all of them work with other chargers).
Last edited by Sockrat; Feb 02, 2018 at 04:37 AM.
Apr 30, 2018, 03:16 AM
Can the serial port of this charger be used to read/ control the charger also? Has anyone played with it?

Quick Reply