Motors don't spin until 50% - RC Groups
May 04, 2017, 01:25 PM
DroneShotFPV
Discussion

Motors don't spin until 50%

I am having an issue with my EagleTree Vector. I bought this specifically for use with my new MTD build. I have searched through here and didn't see an answer exactly, so maybe someone could help. I noticed last night while trying to finish my MTD build and maiden it this weekend, that when applying throttle, the motors do not spin until they reach 50%. Obviously this isn't normal, but I have no idea what could cause this unless somehow the ESC calibration didn't go as planned.

Anyone else have suggestions before I start doing drastic things? I will recalibrate tonight and test again, but hopefully there is a magic answer.

Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2017, 03:40 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaine25
I am having an issue with my EagleTree Vector. I bought this specifically for use with my new MTD build. I have searched through here and didn't see an answer exactly, so maybe someone could help. I noticed last night while trying to finish my MTD build and maiden it this weekend, that when applying throttle, the motors do not spin until they reach 50%. Obviously this isn't normal, but I have no idea what could cause this unless somehow the ESC calibration didn't go as planned.

Anyone else have suggestions before I start doing drastic things? I will recalibrate tonight and test again, but hopefully there is a magic answer.

Thanks in advance.
What do you mean when you say the motors dont spin until *they* reach 50%.
I presume you mean that the motors dont spin until you reach 50% throttle input on your transmitter ?

I would have thought the first thing to try would be bypass the vector and see what happens when you drive the ESCs from the receiver. If it still behaves in the same way then this has nothing to do with the vector.
May 05, 2017, 05:46 AM
... I think you must repeat the RX Wizard and pay attention to the throttle
May 05, 2017, 06:50 AM
DroneShotFPV
Thanks for the input guys. I followed my instincts and re-calibrated my ESC's and it was fine (on the bench anyway, too much rain to fly and test). But a side note is one of the ESC's was also bad and I removed it from the splitter, re-calibrated the good one and tried again, so it could have been the bad ESC playing a role as well, but I won't know for sure until the new ones arrive.

This is my first twin motor plane build, and I was confused on connecting the motors to the vector. I assumed you use a splitter just like with ailerons, and everything I read suggested such, but I can't test until my new ESC's arrive. SO for now I am going to consider this resolved.