Jun 04, 2017, 09:43 PM
On the ol' Interweb
Looks like Jim posted an update on a Flying Giants contest that ended May 31st so he'll probably announce this one on Monday as well.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2017, 06:37 AM
Add-me-in
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel
I think it's a gift certificate for $250 and not worth getting wrapped around the wheel about. It's not like it's a life time supply of batteries or something.
It is for some contestants that know this would be really helpful to move forward in this hobby, like myself and I'm sure a lot of other people.

Jun 05, 2017, 07:34 AM
Drone offender FA377YHFNC
This is more fun than the 2000 election!
Jun 05, 2017, 08:15 AM
Flying every chance I get!
I decided that if I win, I am going to get $250 worth of Spektrum hats. I know someone with a tiny head gave them 1 star, but they would probably fit me OK. Just try and think of anything more glorious than a possible lifetime supply of black Spektrum hats. It might not be a true lifetime supply as I would be tempted to wear them all at once.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektru...t-hat-spmp0502
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 78" Extra
Jun 05, 2017, 08:24 AM
What broke now?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan
-Absolutely. As an aside, I'm pretty sure Mike's involved in this somehow. This is exactly how Mike operates...
Can somebody let me in on what/who Mike is? Is this some kind of rcgroups joke I wasn't around for when it was created or something?
Jun 05, 2017, 08:54 AM
Yes it is
://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2566686-Mike
Jun 05, 2017, 09:00 AM
dont think anyone figured out who mike is
Last edited by mdugas; Jun 05, 2017 at 09:06 AM.
Jun 05, 2017, 09:38 AM
What broke now?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow1
Yes it is
://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2566686-Mike
Thanks thats funny.
Jun 05, 2017, 09:40 AM
What does this button do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLucas
It is for some contestants that know this would be really helpful to move forward in this hobby, like myself and I'm sure a lot of other people.
Indeed. When people are comfortable and doing fine they seem to lose sight or forget how it is to be not so comfortable. To be able to trade priorities so as to go without something to get a different thing is an effort and a compromise. When one is comfortable it's simply hey I'll run out and buy me one of those things. So yes $250 would be a score. For others, they would've spent it anyway. Comfortable people seem to lose that sense. Let alone not thinking that they might become not so comfortable some day.
Jun 05, 2017, 10:00 AM
What does this button do?
Yeah thanks sparrow1. That is funny. One incomplete post for a post total of one. Active for just 2 1/2 months and not seen since. But spawning 400 odd pages of equally useless posts about nothing. But some guys are regular comedians. Funny stuff.
I see now why it was being referred to here in this thread.
And 11am ET and still no announcement. Jim T. Graham is Mike!
Jun 05, 2017, 10:52 AM
Be patient everybody, I'm sure that the winner will be announced in due time.

In the meanwhile, how about we all just kick back and enjoy life and let things happen as they may.
Jun 05, 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert4613
Be patient everybody, I'm sure that the winner will be announced in due time.

In the meanwhile, how about we all just kick back and enjoy life and let things happen as they may.
Unless it accually is mike...
Jun 05, 2017, 12:15 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com

Ladies and Gents, We Have A Winner!

THANK YOU to all of you that entered the Post to Win Contest for a chance to win a $250 Horizon Hobby gift certificate. 909 pages and over 13,500 posts constitutes quite a successful contest!

Please join us in congratulating our contest winner: Glacier Girl!

You won a $250 gift certificate from Horizon Hobby! Please contact me via PM with your full address and phone number and I'll pass it on. Thanks again everyone! Stay tuned to the RCGroups.com homepage for more great contests and to keep up on all the latest news in our fine hobby.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com

Quick Reply