May 02, 2017, 01:28 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Contest

F5J contest May 21st NOR CAL SVSS

Spring has sprung and F5J fever is upon us and sweeping the US this year. For the latest F5J info in the USA please check out www.f5j-usa.com. If you've ever wondered what F5J is like, here's your chance to try it out in a casual fun atmosphere at the west coast's premier RC soaring field with literally hundreds and hundreds of acres of wide open grassy fields. It will be a casual fun event on Sunday May 21st and will follow normal FAI F5J rules using standard 10 meter F5J landing tapes, with Two exceptions
1) we WILL allow planes with CAM limiters to compete simply by recording start height as the cam limiters setting plus 8meters for zoom.
2) Motor restarts WILL be allowed, but will result in a 0 flight score.
There will be printed awards for 1st-3rd
The famous Big Red Clock will be there.

The format will be as follows :

4 preliminary rounds of 10min each ( no throwout rounds) followed by 2 flyoff rounds of 15min Each flown by the top 30-50% of pilots ( depending on number of pilots). Scores from prelim rounds DO NOT carry Into flyoffs.

We will be hosting an F5J rules review conference call several days before the contest so we don't have to take much time away from flying on contest day.

This is a bring your own lunch event, however coffee and pastries WILL be provided in the morning.
Pilots meeting at 8:30am, with first round going off at 9am.

This is NOT an F5J USA Tour event. Some have likened F5J to ALES as chess is to checkers.
Entry fee of $10 is payable at the time of the event May 21st. This would be a great practice/warmup event for the upcoming Visalia 2 Day F5J USA Tour event June 3rd -4th. Our field ( SVSS) is at Yolo County Grasslands park 4mi outside of Davis , for directions please see the SVSS club website svss.org
For further questions please contact me at airman749@aol.com
Jerry ,your CD and host.
If you can't find us,,, you should be able to see me from Space
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2017, 01:39 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Cool, I'll be there for sure. Hey your face is covered up in the pic Jerry. Some reason why you're going incognito?
May 02, 2017, 01:43 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Adds mystery ;-)
I'm like MR Wilson in Dennis the Menace
May 02, 2017, 06:50 PM
Team Futaba
Cool. This is my new neck of the woods. SVSS is a mere 300 miles from Eureka!!
The 21st is my 36th wedding anniversary. I'm sure my Spousal Unit will understand
May 02, 2017, 07:16 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Bill, it would be great to have you flying with us. By the way you live not too far from Jerry up there in Chico.
May 03, 2017, 12:24 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
Bill, it would be great to have you flying with us. By the way you live not too far from Jerry up there in Chico.
I'm across the mountains behind the Redwood Curtain. In the land where landslides cut us off from the rest of civilization!! But you're closer now than from my place in SOCAL, so there's that. And the drive is more scenic too!!
May 03, 2017, 12:31 PM
E sailplane thermal hack
Come join us ! I personally guarantee you'll have a great time ;-)
May 03, 2017, 04:30 PM
Team Futaba
I plan on coming. I'll tell my wife I'm taking her someplace "special" for our anniversary!!!
May 03, 2017, 04:45 PM
Tell her you're going to Napa with a little detour in Davis on the way.
May 03, 2017, 04:55 PM
Team Futaba
I thought I'd drop at the Motel 6 with a case of Mogan David and tell her it's in Napa!!
May 03, 2017, 05:25 PM
Cripes, for your sake I hope she doesn't believe that!
May 15, 2017, 09:14 AM
E sailplane thermal hack

Only 6 days away

Only 6 days away and so far weather forecast looks perfect.
May 15, 2017, 11:56 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Any non-SVSS pilots coming to this one? (other than you Bill ). We would love to have you fly F5J with us.
May 16, 2017, 05:51 PM
Team Futaba
Asked in the other thread as well:

Will the field be open Saturday afternoon??
May 16, 2017, 06:03 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Sat afternoon should be fine. The club has a meeting and fun fly earlier but you should be able to fly anytime in the afternoon up until dusk when the park gate gets locked.

Quick Reply