Sep 10, 2019, 05:41 PM
The Mini Uproar group build was received pretty well at last nights club meeting. Gary brought out his Mini Uproar and ran several batteries through it. He gave a great demo of it's extreme flight envelope, from slow motion high alpha rolling circles through blazing blender flat spins that had guys checking the plane for thrust vectoring. The wind was a gusty 8 mph, but the Mini Uproar seemed to be unaffected. Gary even had another club member fly it on low & medium rates and it was still a gentle & stable flier.

I brought out a BNIB Mini Uproar and the recommended motor & accessories for the guys to check out. After the meeting, Gary hung around and told a bunch of stories about the development of the plane and answered a ton of questions.

During the meeting we asked for a show of hands for anyone interested in participating in the build, a dozen people raised their hands (~50% of attendees). Based on that vote of confidence, I emailed the flier posted earlier to our newsletter editor. It wouldn't surprise me if we got another dozen builds going from that newsletter article.

We're gonna have a ton of fun with these this next spring.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 11:17 AM
Don't hate bro
When I drill the holes for putting the servo mounting screws into the wood I’m supposed to use some CA glue in the holes. Does this process involve using kicker or do I just put the CA in the hole then thread the screw in and it will eventually cure?
Sep 16, 2019, 12:55 PM
Thread OP
Thin CA. You ~should~ let it cure (no kicker), then put servos in. I'm too impatient to wait, so i usually just put a drop of CA in, then immediately mount servos. however, when i remove servos for some reason, the grommet (If used) is generally a bit tough to get off since the ca glues it in place.
Latest blog entry: blog

Quick Reply