Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Zagi - Over 19 Years of Fun

Zagi holds a special place in my heart. They have wings for slope, combat, sport flying and more. The Zagi wing design is iconic and flys great which is why people keep coming back to them.

Splash

Zagi Flying Wings

Zagi holds a special place in my heart. I got started in this hobby back in 1999 on a nice hill off the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone, NC. I love slope flying and I did that for 3 years before I started expanding my horizons into electric and glow powered aircraft. My first ever powered airplane was a Zagi. It was a good sized flying wing made from EPP foam, covered in strapping tape and colored packing tape, we called Zagi tape. It used a brushed 400 size motor and NiMH batteries and I was thrilled with how it performed. It used a little gunther prop that so many installed backwards, but when you got it on the right way, it pushed that wing around with excellent power for the time. When I wasn't flying from local soccer fields or the main club field, I would take my Zagi up to the slope. Having the motor made it easy to get up over the trees and into the lift without a bungee launch and then I could soar for hours. I miss that wing!

Where so many of my old favorite airplane manufacturers from back then have gone out of business, Zagi did not stop innovating and offering great products. They have wings for slope, combat, sport flying and more. The Zagi wing design is iconic and flys great which is why people keep coming back to them. Their wings are virtually indestructible which lets you keep on having laugh out loud fun all day long. The product line has evolved over the years into the four wings currently available, two are powered, two are pure glider models. If you are looking for a flying wing and want to have a good time, be sure to check out the Zagi kits, you'll be glad you did.

Check out the Zagi Flying Wings Here

May 02, 2017, 09:42 AM
DFS#000178
f̶u̶n̶

Terror

May 02, 2017, 10:26 AM

got one in "mint" condition?

May 02, 2017, 10:43 AM
aka: A.Roger Wilfong
What? A Zagi thread not started by tic?

Oh, wait. It's in praise if the Zagi.

Never mind.

- Roger
May 02, 2017, 10:45 AM
The mods are baiting tic?!?! This is gonna be a popcorn thread!!!

Get your razor blades sharpened, put on your baseball caps backwards, crank up the obnoxious tunes, and pull your pants halfway down your butt!!!

Andy
May 02, 2017, 11:15 AM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
The mods are baiting tic?!?! This is gonna be a popcorn thread!!!

Get your razor blades sharpened, put on your baseball caps backwards, crank up the obnoxious tunes, and pull your pants halfway down your butt!!!

Andy
Also stand on the grass.
May 02, 2017, 11:25 AM
DFS#000178
Stupid double posts.
May 02, 2017, 03:00 PM
This should be fun
May 02, 2017, 05:02 PM
Long live the Zagi. I learned how to fly and crash with it!
May 02, 2017, 05:56 PM
Everybody should learn how to crash them

Andy
May 02, 2017, 06:39 PM
I too learned to fly ( and crash) on a Zagi. It's ability to survive a full throttle nose dive into the ground, be brushed off, and be in the air again was fantastic.
May 02, 2017, 09:24 PM
A guy who flew with the club I was part of way back had one. Looked like a lot of fun to the point I was researching them, but never bought one. Good to know they're still around!
May 02, 2017, 10:01 PM
Sokol
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLem
Long live the Zagi. I learned how to fly and crash with it!
+1

Amen !

my video:
https://www.facebook.com/sifon.templ...7720152412641/
Last edited by JureZ; May 02, 2017 at 10:56 PM. Reason: add video link
May 02, 2017, 10:42 PM
Stupid gravity!
Love my Zagis! Learned to fly with a Zagi. Taught many noobies on a Zagi. I'll always have a few in my hangar. I remember when they had the B-2 Bomber Zagi version. We used to send them up on a high start and do flatland combat. So much fun!!
May 03, 2017, 12:24 AM
Where is tic?