This thread is privately moderated by krachall, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 02, 2017, 07:43 AM
Mini-Review

Best AIO micro cam: AKK - Light, Fast, Cheap!

Yeah, yeah, it's just another AIO micro cam... Since the Tiny Whoop craze took off, it seems everyone is selling a micro all-in-one camera for the diminutive quads. And they're all really small, really light, and work great. Another thing they all have in common, unfortunately, is that they are all also really fragile -- particularly the dipole antenna. Sure, they can be repaired but, after enough crashes, it's going to be time to get a new one.

And that's where the AKK BS2 5.8G 48CH 25mW VTX comes in. Not only is it the lightest AIO I've found but it's the cheapest AND it's available on Amazon Prime. I'm in love!

Just another AIO micro cam? Maybe. But consider it's got three major advantages over the rest of the (crowded) field:

1. It's the lightest AIO I've seen, at 3.6g with a micro-JST connector attached. I've used four others and the lighest previously was 3.9g. Does 0.3 grams matter? Not much, but on a 19g quad, I'll take any tenth of a gram savings I can get.

2. It's cheap. Most AIOs run in the $24 to $28 range...more for faster shipping. The AKK AIO is $20.99. Given it's lighter AND cheaper, there's no reason to go with any other cam.

3. It's available on Amazon Prime! That's the deal closer for me. I love Prime and the fact that I can get a micro cam delivered to my door in under 48 hours for $20.99 blows me away. Check it out here: http://a.co/770nKIQ

AKK seems to be a new player on Amazon but they've got a couple dozen products (mainly video transmitters) available, all on Prime. All items are aggressively priced and the quality seems to be on par with similar, higher priced items.

More AKK reviews to follow, as these are becoming my go-to guys!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply