New wireless light set from Banggood - RC Groups
May 02, 2017, 08:04 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Discussion

New wireless light set from Banggood

These are superb little lights. After flying around today I was so impressed I ordered a second set. Each light has 2 Cree LEDs and will run for about 3 hours on a charge. Plenty of time.
Length 47 mm Width 15 mm. Weight just over 4 grams each.

LINK to BANGOOD

to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2017, 04:10 PM
I see this is a couple of months old without response, but was hoping for some additional feedback/information

I am building a giant cartoon biplane floater from foam that I will mostly be flying at dusk to avoid windy conditions

So I'd like to have lighting and these would be perfect and simple, but I practically had an epileptic event just from watching the video - do you think there is a way to modify them for steady lighting?
Sep 14, 2017, 05:04 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Not sure about that. They are a sealed unit so may be damaged if you try opening them. There are 3 flash modes available. You would just have to try each of them. I think only close range would affect you. Once they are distant you should be OK.
I bought another set and a flying buddy bought a couple of sets as well. They do work very well.
Oct 12, 2017, 03:04 AM
EasyJust always blame the wind
These lights have 3 flash settings. I find I like the 3rd setting which is just a nice steady single flash.

People ask if there is an always on mode. This is not possible. The bright flash of light is caused by a voltage build up in the circuit and then a quick strong discharge to the LED.

Always on LEDs that are very bright require a large battery supply. Not very practical for RC planes. The best bright always on lights are the LED strips.

A few short LED strips and these flasher lights are a great combination for dusk and night flying. I have several sets of these flasher lights and I really like them.

Cheers,

Service Rep
Last edited by ServiceRep; Oct 12, 2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Additional info