This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 02, 2017, 04:44 AM
Mini-Review

VOK 480mAh 2s

OK for those not interested in the whole thing , this 2s pack sux's !
It's cheap , but nasty ! and just might bite you in the wallet ...

Discharging at 0.5 Amp to 6v I was able to get some 377mAh from this pack !
BUTT !!!!!

There was some serious imbalance between the cells ( Voltage ) .

So repeating the process 2 more times saw no improvement what so ever ..
When the cells hit 3.6 volts the imbalance kicked in ( obviously one cell has less capacity than the other by quite a margin )
Until 3.6v ( 7.2v for pack voltage ) everything is fine , the cells are maintaining a very balanced discharge ..

Butt !!!!!

Once the cells reach 3.6v one cell begins to drop voltage ever more rapidly .
@ 3.58v the other cell reached a low off 3.46v
@ 3.57v the other cell reached a low off 3.35v
@ 3.56v the other cell reached a low off 3v ( I stopped the discharge here )

So while one cell was reaching the almost out of puff point , the other was sucking rust from the bottom of the tank !

I don't for a moment think it would be safe to do anything but balance charge this battery very slowly ..
Can it be used ? If you drain it till the charger calls it quits the bad cell has hit 2.5 volts ...
I just got myself a smaller lighter voltage alarm which needs testing , so definitely I would recommend a voltage alarm set to 3.6v ...
But I really have to call this DUMPSTER good !

So be WARNED ! , it is cheap ( That's good ) but its nasty ( That's bad ) ... So in no way shape or form would I recommend the VOK 480 2s ....

It's
Last edited by old4570; May 02, 2017 at 04:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts