The 2017 NEAT Fair, Downsville NY Sept-14 thru 17 - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jun 16, 2017, 06:24 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
The solution is simple.. Instead of schlepping shirts how about just selling the Iron On Silk Screen and the guys just go home and iron it on themselves...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2017, 11:00 PM
MK
MK
That won't work as no one has the professional, precisely controlled, heat press. They'll just make a mess or the logo will come off on the first wash. They don't even know how long to keep the heat on it when applying

These are professional Haberdashery!
Jun 17, 2017, 06:17 PM
We're Manly Men -- the only way we know to use an iron is for Monokoting!
Jun 17, 2017, 06:46 PM
MK
MK
Damn right!
Jun 22, 2017, 12:32 PM
No ! Your other left !

FPV Lobster Combat !

For you FPV guys there will be some rounds of FPV Lobster Combat at least early to middle of week. Regular rounds mixed in each day. Conecticut Lobster rolls are going to be on prize menu.
Please bring some appropriate headgear. A hard hat, a bump cap a batting helmet and for Adam L a German war helmet with the spire on top.....
Jun 22, 2017, 12:40 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
For you FPV guys there will be some rounds of FPV Lobster Combat at least early to middle of week. Regular rounds mixed in each day. Conecticut Lobster rolls are going to be on prize menu.
Please bring some appropriate headgear. A hard hat, a bump cap a batting helmet and for Adam L a German war helmet with the spire on top.....
Al

typically you can only get about 4-6 guys in the air at a time due to VTX frequency interference on adjacent channels, despite most Tx/Rx having 40 channels. We will need to do a little frequency control and maybe specify specific frequencies and a max VTX power.
Jun 23, 2017, 06:28 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Tought you don't drink any thing strounger than POP ?
LOL yeah and he probably gets a buzz on it. HAHA! Only Kidding Bill. Now Micky She seems like a nice red wine gal.
Jul 02, 2017, 10:30 AM
Just Plane Crazy

How did i miss that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Looking at the activity starting to build, I'm going to cut a new thread for the unofficial schedule on 1 July. Waiting for August is cutting it too close. I'll ask the thread be moved when NEAT 2017 gets it's own forum. PLEASE PM me with your events and I'll add them to the master schedule. I'll post that schedule as the first post in the the new thread, then update it via editing. That'll keep it at the front of the thread, so digging for the 'latest' edition won't be necessary.

As per last year, this is an unofficial schedule of every planned event at NEAT that people tell me about. I'm doing this to help NEAT-goers plan their time and to help folks planning events try to avoid conflicts. I have no authority to make or approve time slots, so if your event conflicts with someone else's, you'll need to work it out with them (Final approval authority rests with SEFLI, i.e., Tom or his assistants!).

Captain Dunsel
Captain:

Posting a schedule of events. That is awesome! Effort well spent I would say.

Apparently I was not paying enough attention last year to notice you had a schedule. This year I will take special note and see if I can get to more events. If you can manage it try to find out if Arnie is planning fireworks. Two years ago I was too wiped out to go for my tripod. Last year I was on the far end of the field and would not have been enough time to get the tripod.

Ta Ta for now.
Paul
Jul 02, 2017, 10:47 AM
No ! Your other left !
Strangrob, Capt Dunsel, unofficial 5 pm Lobster Combat each day except push to after Mass Warbird and Battle of Britain events.
Now "I survived Lobster Combat" shirts would be cool....
Jul 02, 2017, 11:12 AM
Aramsdell, I'll add it to the schedule (which will be up, shortly), but first you have to tell me where it'll be!

Paul, I suspect Arnie will have fireworks, again, this year. Because Josie is absolutely terrified of them, we'll be back at the trailer, trying to keep her calm (we may leave the campground for a while, too).

CD
Jul 02, 2017, 11:20 AM
No ! Your other left !
Show center, I would like people to bring SOME form of head protection, baseball batting helmet, bike helmet, hard hat similar.
Lobster roll prizes and going to try for vendor prizes again. Thank you HOBBYKING last year for the radio!
Last edited by aramsdell; Jul 02, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
Jul 02, 2017, 11:41 AM
Schedule is posted. I'll replace the file as it gets updated, so no one will have to dig for the latest schedule.

When the NEAT Fair gets its own forum, I'll ask the schedule thread be moved to it.

CD
Jul 02, 2017, 11:52 AM
Head NEAT geek
Well guys and gals,

we punched thru 100 pre-regs yesterday, right on track with most years.

come on the rest of you procrastinators! let's get signed up!

Thanks
Tom
Jul 02, 2017, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Well guys and gals,

we punched thru 100 pre-regs yesterday, right on track with most years.

come on the rest of you procrastinators! let's get signed up!

Thanks
Tom
After all it's only ten weeks away 😋

Rob
Jul 02, 2017, 06:22 PM
No ! Your other left !
M u s t. B u i l d. F a s s sstter!