The 2017 NEAT Fair, Downsville NY Sept-14 thru 17 - RC Groups
May 01, 2017, 06:05 PM
Head NEAT geek
Discussion

The 2017 NEAT Fair, Downsville NY Sept-14 thru 17

Hi guys and gals.

Now that SEFF is over, Nall is coming soon and we are a little more than 2 weeks form opening the NEAT website for pre-registration, I want to get the main thread rolling with milestone dates (subject to change, but probably not!)

May 19th (late, EDT) Web site opens for pilot pre-reg.
May 22nd website opens for Vendor registration (by invitation only, email neatfair@optonline.net for info)
July 1st, payment due for 50% deposits on equipment rentals (payment in full ALWAYS appreciated!)
Aug 14th, petition RCGROUPS to move this thread to special events section.
Aug 26th (late EDT) pre-registration closes.
August 31st, last day to pay pre-reg fees or be dropped from pre-reg list.
Sept 1st, payment in full required for equipment rentals.

Sept 9th beginning of field transformation (weather permitting).
Sept 10th? end of day? pre-reg pilots already at facility may place equipment in spots (weather permitting)
Sept 13th (by nightfall) All rental tents erected (could be sooner, depends on weather).
Sept 14th Final set-up day with BoB tribute in afternoon. No glow, gas or turbine aircraft to fly after sunrise.
Sept 15th Open electric flying
Sept 16th Open electric flying, Night flyer contest around 8pm
Sept 17th Open electric flying until 2PM, glow and gas may fly again after 2pm.
Sept 18th, 10am, Tom Finally gets to go home!

As in the past ONLY pre-reg pilots can set up on the field before Thursday 9/14/2017
One pre-reg pilot/spot and name MUST be displayed on equipment.
NO drop and go! Even if you are a pre-reg pilot! If you leave equipment on the field you MUST be staying on the property overnight every night your equipment is present.

As of right now, I do not envision any increase in pilot registration fees.

Let the banter begin!

Thanks
Tom Hunt
Head NEAT geek.
Last edited by Tom Hunt; Aug 03, 2017 at 06:52 AM. Reason: modified pre-reg closing date to Aug 26th
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2017, 10:36 PM
Awesome! Thanks Tom for starting the first official NEAT '17 thread!!!

Our little group has been getting ready too. Our camping deposits are in, our big top has been reserved, and Hitec/Multiplex has again agreed to provide pilot prizes for our Thursday night event. We'll also be hosting the Radian Games again on Wednesday afternoon

We're really looking forward to getting in the Saturday night balloon burst contest this year. It felt really strange not having it last year so hopefully things will work out this year.

Thankfully there's lots to do between now and September - LVRCS/Lehigh, our JCSF fly-in, and Warwick, among others. But everyone knows that NEAT is the highlight of the summer in the Northeast! Most of us will be there on the preceding Sunday so we'll be able to enjoy all of NEAT Week!

Rob
May 02, 2017, 06:05 AM
AMA 1242
Great news !! Have been watching for the word!! Already making plans. Hot digity double dog dare it is starting !!
May 02, 2017, 07:13 AM
Micki and I have our camping reservations in, starting the Saturday before NEAT starts. As usual, we'll try to help with set up, etc.

BTW, thanks to the reorg at Traplett, RCMW's coverage of NEAT 2106 is/was delayed until the June 2017 issue.

Bill & Micki
May 02, 2017, 08:16 AM
Gnd warning sensor needed
Looking forward to going again. A BIG THANK YOU to Tom and all his helpers that keeps this event going. If you never been, I strongly suggest coming and camping on the flight line, you will meet a bunch of nice people.
May 02, 2017, 04:50 PM
Head NEAT geek

AMA /MAAC membership

One other note:

We will again be looking at current AMA and MAAC membership this year during your pre-reg submittal. If you are denied a pre-reg application, it is possible that your membership expires sometime before the show. You will be required to extend that membership to any date beyond Sept 17th to pre-register.

Successfully pre-registered pilots will NOT have to show an AMA card at the field, though it would be a good thing to have it with you.

Again, we do not REQUIRE FAA registration but we strongly suggest it.

Thanks
Tom
May 05, 2017, 12:04 PM
I registered for camping already!! Even got e-mail from Arnie !
May 05, 2017, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAndreas
Wow! Arnie's gone hi tech!!!

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; May 05, 2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Fixed Arnie's name.
May 05, 2017, 01:17 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAndreas
you sure it wasn't Laurie?

Dennis, send me the email he replied from please!
May 05, 2017, 01:26 PM
Tom, with your concurrence, Micki and I will start compiling and posting the unofficial schedule of events (as we did last year).

Bill
May 05, 2017, 05:07 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Tom, with your concurrence, Micki and I will start compiling and posting the unofficial schedule of events (as we did last year).

Bill
go for it! but it will probably need to be cut and pasted into a new thread in August when it gets moved to the special events section.
May 06, 2017, 06:44 AM
Got it, Tom. I'll start a new thread the beginning of August, and ask it be moved if NEAT isn't in the Special Events section by then.

Bill
May 14, 2017, 12:25 PM
Wow, so this Friday evening registration starts for NEAT '17. It's hard to believe we're already here. But when you think about it, it's only four months away!!! Let's make sure we have lots of fun in the meantime - here's hoping that we have an excellent summer of flying before we get in our fun at Peaceful Valley

Rob
May 15, 2017, 11:56 AM
Just did Tom, from my Gmail acct... Dennis A
May 20, 2017, 06:28 AM
AMA 1242
Well it's the 20 th.