Name: Crack Camel Sliver 2.jpg
Views: 66
Size: 921.1 KB
Description:

Name: Crack_Camel_Blue__48628.1493564197.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 391.7 KB
Description:

We're breaking all the rules yet again with our new Crack Camel! Twisted Hobbys has taken the feel and concept of WWI flying machines and daredevil pilots to fantastic new places. Our customers have asked for us to create a worthy adversary to the well known Crack Fokker so they can duel it out in 3D flying and WWI dog-fighting. With a wide speed range and silly aerobatics at your fingertips, she is more fun than you can imagine. The Crack Camel will not disappoint! Streamer combat anyone?

We have two looks to choose from. The paint on these birds has been inspired by classic schemes; keeping true to the Sopwith Camel's roots.

Like all Twisted Hobbys models, fitment and quality is superior. Building is really a pleasure with the latest 3d printed hardware. The new hardware eliminates excess weight, increases durability and removes unwanted play from all the control surface connections. Depending on how long your build sessions are, this model can be in the air in anywhere from 1-3 nights.

As usual, Twisted Hobbys has taken it's time selecting the correctly matched electronics for the Crack Camel. You will find the appropriate electronics available as a convenient power combo right on the Twisted Hobbys website

Recommended stock setup is 2s 600-800mah w/ 9x4.7 or 3s 450-600mah w/ 8x4DD for advanced pilots.

Enjoy the look of a classic Sopwith Camel with flight characteristics you have only dreamed of coming from a WW1 bipe.

Now its time to take on all your buddies that have Twisted's Fokker Dr.1!

Model Spec’s:
Wing Span = 35”
Length = 28.5”
AUW = 8.2 oz (depending on lipo size)
Recommended Required Electronics:
25-30g 1400-1500kv Out Runner Brush-less Motor
10-20A ESC
(4) 7-9g Servos
2s 600mah Lipo Battery
9x4.7 Slow Fly Prop
Adhesive Glue (Beacon or Welders)

And, here is some video of her in flight which will hopefully peak your interests. Seeing the thing fly always helps, right? In this video I am flying a 3S 600 mAh pack from Twisted and the 30g 1500 kv motor. I love the setup. I have 7g DMG servos all around and it's just a 12a ESC. This Crack Camel is a blast.

CRACK CAMEL RELEASE VID 1 (2 min 51 sec)

I put one pack on the plane, flew her around the yard in 5-10 mph winds, gusting maybe 15, and began video on the second pack. I didn't even trim the plane up yet. Control surface throws are great and she really performs well. The wheels roll right over all the grass in my yard. She never even tries to nose over and she lands light as a feather.

The entire team will be here shortly to help support the model. If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate. We are here to support our fellow modelers and to make sure you have a great experience.
Last edited by ROLLING CIRCLE; May 01, 2017 at 07:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2017, 05:46 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Glad to see the thread up Erik and Aaron, looks awesome, thanks! I'll try to get some video this weekend of the blue scheme Camel in action if the weather permits, stay tuned
Last edited by Ethan Ater; May 01, 2017 at 06:49 PM.
May 01, 2017, 06:13 PM
Team Twisted!
Looks like this one is going to be a lot of fun.... having a blast with the Fokker, will be cool to have the Camel as part of the fleet.
cdee
May 01, 2017, 07:09 PM
Team Twisted!
Looks Great! Got to get one to dog fight with the Fokker!

https://twistedhobbys.com/th-35-epp-crack-camel/
Last edited by Benton3dflying; May 01, 2017 at 07:37 PM.
May 01, 2017, 07:32 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Definitely! Fokkers get lonely
May 01, 2017, 07:46 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
That thing is cool! I can't wait to build one. Great job guys!
May 02, 2017, 06:53 AM
Team Twisted!
Crack Camel Build
Well.... the wait is over, and I am looking forward to all the potential for aerial dog fight video that will come out of the Twisted Hobbys' Fokker and Camel. There are quite a few pictures above already and a great video by Rolling Circle posted, have a look if you have not already.
My build is still in process, but I wanted to share a couple things along the way... and this is the first installment of that;
  1. Twisted Hobbys and RCFactory are continually improving their designs, kits and included hardware.
  2. Pre-Cut servo mounting holes as with all TH/RCF Models.... use the recommended power combo or similar sized servos for a super easy radio install.
  3. There is lots of carbon in this kit... several different sized rounds and rectangle strips. Be sure and measure the size before cutting them up.
  4. This model does have carbon bracing like the Fokker and other Lite/SuperLite models, but (again) TH/RCF has knocked it out of the park in this area as well.
  5. If you cut the brace rods to the called for lengths, they all fit right into pre cut slots and once you adjust for squareness and straightness, just hit the buried ends with some CA and Kicker and you are done! Could not be simplier or better designed/engineered... great job..!
  6. The Cowling and Radial Engine Detail... .super cool.
Pictures below are just some that I thought you all would find interesting, not intended to be the full build sequence, for that you can check the manual.
More to follow in the coming days, always a pleasure to build a Twisted Hobbys Plane.
cdee
Last edited by cdee; May 02, 2017 at 08:07 AM.
May 02, 2017, 11:19 AM
I Fly!
Very Sweet! Swap meet this weekend at the club field, I'll be selling stuff to fund this one for sure!
May 02, 2017, 01:06 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Awesome news, JR.

This one is a looker and sure flies great. Being made of the super-lite EPP, and kinda like the Fokker, it snaps really big and clean. I can vouch for really nice power on the 1500kv motor. My setup gives you that ability to fly real slow and then just launch vertical like a rocket on a whim.... floats nice too. I'm at about 9oz AUW with a 3S 600mAh on board...
Latest blog entry: The CLP - Exceptional Indoor 3D
May 02, 2017, 02:56 PM
Team Twisted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE
Awesome news, JR.

This one is a looker and sure flies great. Being made of the super-lite EPP, and kinda like the Fokker, it snaps really big and clean. I can vouch for really nice power on the 1500kv motor. My setup gives you that ability to fly real slow and then just launch vertical like a rocket on a whim.... floats nice too. I'm at about 9oz AUW with a 3S 600mAh on board...
Interesting to hear on the 3s/600s will give that a try along with some 3s/450s
cdee
May 02, 2017, 03:54 PM
TEAM TWISTED!
Awesome jrtubb, the Camel will not disappoint, I've only flown mine with the 2s 450, gonna try 3s 450's and probably get some 3s 600's at Nall if I find some
May 02, 2017, 08:51 PM
Team Twisted!
I had to get one of these Camels. Glad to know that the 2 cell will work on the plane.
May 03, 2017, 07:19 AM
TEAM TWISTED!
Benton if yours is up by Nall, looks like we'll have a dawn patrol, Watch out for them Fokkers! It may turn into a dogfight
May 03, 2017, 07:22 AM
Team Twisted!
The Build Continues:
Did a little work on the Camel before taking off for work this morning. Looks like the weather should be nice for a maiden on Friday or Saturday.
cdee
May 03, 2017, 07:29 AM
TEAM TWISTED!
Camel's looking really good Cdee, nice pics!