SEFF 2017 Wrap-up! Photos and Thoughts

Here are our final SEFF photos and thoughts from the event. Thanks to the SEFF crew, Mac Hodges and all our RCGroups friends!

Splash

SEFF 2017 is in the books!

The RCGroups crew had a great time at SEFF this year. This event officially kicks off the flying season for most of us. When we drove in the weather was windy but the evening calmed down and let everyone fly. We had some rain and wind during the week. The wind wasn't enough to stop anyone from flying.

It was great to catch up with companies from all over the country that converged on SEFF to show their aircraft taking to the skies.

Miss Ashley and I manned the RCGroups golf cart and had a great time as usual. We shook hands and kissed babies while snapping photos of everything we thought our RCGroups members might want to see.

We also were able to spend time with the event directors and RC companies to talk about the hobby. My goal is to shine a positive light on all things RC and SEFF is a great place to do that.

While the pilot number this year was lower that in the past I think it was the perfect amount of pilots for the field. The new flight line layout also reminded me of SEFF events from the past. The sport pilots were happy. The FPV pilots were happy and the heli pilots said they enjoyed the side of the field they were one. Usually someone is upset but this year it seemed like everyone was happy.

Big kudos to Bob Barnard and all the SEFF team that made this event go so smooth. It's a lot of prep work, as well as work while the show is going on and they did it so smooth that you might think the show ran on it's own. We appreciate your hard work and what you do for the hobby.

I want to thank the RCGroups team for not only pushing out great content but also for making events like this so much fun. We get up early and stay up late to get all the coverage out and the RCG crew does it all with a smile.

Finally, I want to thank all the pilots that took time out of their event to talk to us. We are usually in front of a computer so to actually get to hear what you all like is great and really spurs us on for the coming year. We appreciate each and every one of you.

Here is to SEFF 2017! We will see you all at SEFF 2018!

May 01, 2017, 08:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
Thanks to the RCG team for the multi-day coverage! Being stuck at home, the never-ending flood of pictures and stories was the next best thing to being there in person.

Big thanks also to the SEFF team for putting on this legendary event to be covered in the first place!

Kudos!
May 02, 2017, 02:06 PM
Electrified User
Thanks for the coverage!
May 05, 2017, 03:23 PM
Great coverage Jim - Thanks!
Has anyone got details on the Snyder Slider featured in the last photos?
Latest blog entry: SR-71 for 2 x 70mm EDF

Quick Reply