Aurora 9X - 'flaperon - spoileron' mix method? - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 06, 2017, 02:15 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
AT or anyone who can help, I've got another question I'd be grateful for some help with. I set up flaperons starting from FLAP CON, so that sw. F switches the whole function on/off and I programmed each aileron separately to follow slider LS (it's a 2 ail. acro model, no separate flaps). I inhibited all the middle graph points, so it's linear from 0 to 40% for each aileron, pt. 1 to pt. 7, no points in between. I set up elevator the same way, so as I move the slider and flaperons descend, the elevator is moving down to compensate. That all works fine and the surfaces all move as I expect, and the switch switches the function on and off like I wanted. But here's the problem - I don't know yet how much elevator I'm going to want, until I next fly and test the model. What I want to do is assign virtual trim LT to control that amount of elevator, so if I use flaps and need more or less elevator mixed with them, I can just reach for LT while I'm flying without having to work through menus. How should I do this? I'm not finding it where I'm looking.

I'm also uncertain if I've done this the right way... should I have done all this through the CAMB. Mix screen instead? I don't understand the difference between that and FLAP CON... plus there's FLAP TRIM, is that what I want instead? Would you mind a quick run through of how I set up what I'm trying to do? I thought the idea was FLAP CON would set up flaps, and CAMB. Mix would be where you mix elevators with that, but far as I can see both screens do the same. I don't know if I've understood their intended function correctly, or what the difference really is. Sorry for this newbie stuff but it would help me in future. Thanks as always.

EDIT - nope, still can't make it work. I'm just getting more confused and getting nowhere. Really wish the manual was more help.
Last edited by BernardW; Jul 07, 2017 at 10:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2017, 10:58 PM
All Thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardW
...(Here's) the problem - I don't know yet how much elevator I'm going to want, until I next fly and test the model. What I want to do is assign virtual trim LT to control that amount of elevator, so if I use flaps and need more or less elevator mixed with them, I can just reach for LT while I'm flying without having to work through menus. How should I do this? ...
Hi Bernard - all I have at the moment is my glider mock-up. I'll try assigning LT to a master bipole switch: .i.e. Is there a way to say, assign LT on-off on a switch and then assign RS as your LT variable? You're way ahead of me in this area - I hope I haven't misunderstood the Q.
Cheers, -Ran