Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 01, 2017, 09:54 AM
All Thumbs
Question

Aurora 9X - 'flaperon - spoileron' mix method?

Hello,

I have an Aurora 9X and Optima Rx (and a Maxima 6), and a few airframes with strip ailerons. I punch in "2AILE", tail type, etc. This automatically sets aileron mixing - great!

How do we set-up 'flaperon - spoileron' on a slider? Camber adjustment?

I've tried the manual and searching the web. Still at a loss.

Thanks and much appreciated!

Ran
Bexley, OH
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2017, 10:43 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Yes, use Camber Adjustment. You can assign the control to either slider. What's neat is you can assign a switch to turn the function on or off so you don't inadvertently move the slider when you don't want the function to work.
Latest blog entry: Weekender Warehouse
May 01, 2017, 11:18 AM
All Thumbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Yes, use Camber Adjustment. You can assign the control to either slider. What's neat is you can assign a switch to turn the function on or off so you don't inadvertently move the slider when you don't want the function to work.
NOW I get it. Thank-you Xpress!

BTW, when looking at Camber, I had thought that having both the slider *and* the switch would get me into a conflict situation, and I was thinking "oh no... I'll really mess this up." Rather, it's a simple On-Off for the slider - and that is good news. With the old F-8U-Spectra, we can have this, but on one of the center knobs. Hitec can give this to us on a slider. Ergonomics win!

Please, put this in the manual!? Or in the A-9X FAQ's? This is another solid feature from Hitec.

Cheers!

Ran
May 02, 2017, 10:50 AM
The manual is just something for a quick reference to find a function, we usually recommend ignoring the manual entirely and playing with the transmitter, it's very intuitive and easy to navigate. If we added every single functionality this transmitter is capable of to the manual then it would rival the full 20 volume Oxford English Dictionary!
May 04, 2017, 12:01 PM
User Registered
Hey Xpress, can the Flash 8 do the same - flaperons on a slider? I'm looking at the manual and it looks like you can only assign flaperons (camber) to a switch?
May 04, 2017, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudenti
Hey Xpress, can the Flash 8 do the same - flaperons on a slider? I'm looking at the manual and it looks like you can only assign flaperons (camber) to a switch?
The Flash 8 is a little more simple so you can't use the slider, you're limited to just the switches.
May 05, 2017, 07:45 PM
User Registered
Thanks. I actually found a way to do it on the Flash 8 using the butterfly mix with the throttle controlling flaperon position. Good enough. I guess I could rewire the throttle to the slider to get exactly what I want.
May 08, 2017, 11:04 AM
You could also probably do ii through a P.Mix as well, there's usually more than one way to skin a cat.