May 02, 2017, 04:32 PM
RC 4 Life
Thread OP

your nose

Use the patterns and illustrations on the plans to cut the nose discs from 3/4" foam sheet.
Be sure to mark the top and center and water lines on each disc.
Tack bond the discs together aligning the reference lines.
Use only a few drops of epoxy to tack bond.
Tack bond the stack to the front of the fuselage then block sand the front corners of the fuselage to match the first disc then sand off the corners of the stack.

See why I made a nose cone / canopy for you?

Perhaps somebody will send me a shot of theirs when they get here.
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2017, 04:33 PM
RC 4 Life
Thread OP
Pop off the nose and separate the discs by pulling a string thru the seams. Mark a line 3/4 inch from the edge of each disc and cut the centers out.
May 02, 2017, 04:35 PM
RC 4 Life
Thread OP
For those that will build the B-52 as a slope glider save the first few sections to make a ballast compartment. A small hole in the front will allow you to pour lead shot in the compartment for CG adjustments.
May 02, 2017, 04:36 PM
RC 4 Life
Thread OP
assemble the nose with epoxy and apply weight to clamp. Be sure to align the reference lines. if you forgot to make reference lines the sanding scratches will work too.
May 02, 2017, 05:59 PM
They call me Lipo...
I reckon I'm here too....

I'm sure Col. Grabens is smiling down from on high and Maj. T.J. 'King' Kong would have it no other way
May 02, 2017, 06:22 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks
Steve, In 1970 I was playing foot ball game at another school. The field was at the approach to Carswell AFB.
The coach noticed I was counting rivets as they flew over (Very close)
He smacked my helmet and told me to get my priorities straight.
Guess I did coach.
Yup... I used to go out to the approach end of the runway to watch them land. I loved it when they had a hard cross wind, and had to crank the landing gear bogies to the side to land the plane at and angle. I was also a member of the Civil Air Patrol Squadron based at Sheppard, and got to get "up close and personal" with them on occasion.

There is one on display at the Castle AFB museum in Atwater, CA, and you can get right up under that one. B-52D at Castle.

There is also an SR-71A, but they have put some kind of "utt bugly" tarry paint on it, which really makes the plane look horrible!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
May 02, 2017, 06:56 PM
I'm in......but J from "no more EDFs!" to a plane with eight of them?
I love it!
May 02, 2017, 08:24 PM
If eight edfs are too many, build it with four, and while you're at it, make it a v-tail and give it a pointy nose.
And you wil have an EB-52 Megafortress. the Old Dog.
May 02, 2017, 08:33 PM
"Old Dog" That's a blast from the past. Good Read.
May 02, 2017, 09:05 PM
I was stationed at Castle AFB, Merced, Calif. 93rd bomb wing. Worked on and flew on the B-52! I believe this is my next project! Will build as a glider!
May 02, 2017, 09:23 PM
Fascinating Build .. I like it :-)
Haven't you erm.. Cornered the market.. on available AEO 35mm edf gizmos though?
Oooops HK has some.... 25$ each tho.
Last edited by Bare; May 02, 2017 at 09:32 PM.
May 02, 2017, 09:50 PM
Awesome work!
May 02, 2017, 11:20 PM
Classic jets rule
nice work Sparky ..I pass Balls 8 every day coming on the base . it has the lowest amount of hours on it as it flew for NASA dropping all manor of test planes , the X-15 being the most famous.
May 03, 2017, 06:25 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
I'm On board
May 03, 2017, 06:55 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
nice work Sparky ..I pass Balls 8 every day coming on the base . it has the lowest amount of hours on it as it flew for NASA dropping all manor of test planes , the X-15 being the most famous.
A lot of history associated with that bird.

Mike

Quick Reply