B-52 7 ft. SPAN , Foam construction - Page 28 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 09, 2017, 05:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Yes, I was, trying to post a photo and was getting the same error.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2017, 05:43 PM
I left them a year or so ago when they changed format and it got to be a hassle to get around.

L.
Aug 09, 2017, 06:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
And, I can post, but not edit..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Aug 09, 2017, 08:46 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Sure can't tell it was damaged Sparky. And yes, plastic would have been a better choice.

I'm hoping the package from Wade shows up here soon. But I'm not holding my breath.
Not sure what the postage was on it but I'll bet they have spent thousands flying it between SLC and Denver.
It got into Memphis at 0430 this morning, no update since. Heck, I could have driven over and picked it up and
still been home by lunch.

J
Aug 10, 2017, 07:37 AM
They might get on the schedule for the mule that is going to carry it to Chapel Hill this time and not need to send it back to SLC to wait for the next one.

L.
Aug 10, 2017, 09:05 AM
EB-66C Team Member
OMG!!!!!!
Package is in Chapel Hill at 0626!!!!!
If it doesn't come in the mail this morning I will go to the PO and intercept it!
Pics of the expected damage later.

J
Aug 10, 2017, 09:21 AM
Good looking Cook+Maid needed
"Man barricades self in post office, news at six
Aug 10, 2017, 11:14 AM
Living a Dream
"This is HJ Walter from Chapel Hill, TN for WTV Germany. .. itīs quiet outside the post office, now."
Aug 10, 2017, 11:49 AM
EB-66C Team Member
It wasn't quiet just awhile ago Hans. It's a small PO and I'm pretty well known since I do a lot of mailing. Then Wade told me the intercept he put on it kicked in and they were going to return it. The intercept said that it could not be cancelled. So when it didn't come in my regular mail I ran to the PO. In fact my mail lady left a note in my mailbox that it came in and they were sending it back!
After waiting in line forever( as usual) I got to the one guy that works there that I don't care for and of course he was the only one in front. But that's another story. Anyway, he told me he filled out the intercept and it was heading back to SLC. I explained to him that it had been bouncing around from SLC and Denver for over 3 weeks, in their system for 34 days total. I also said it wasn't leaving Chapel Hill no matter what! He said once it's in the system it can't be changed. I said he could call someone and if you could file an intercept you could surely file a cancellation of it. I was getting pissed ( the package was right in front of me) and I thought about grabbing it and running!!! So I told him to call someone, the Postmaster General would be a good start. He went back to make a phone call and finally came back up, ripped the intercept label of fit and handled it to me.
Elvis has entered the building!!!!!!
Called Wade told him the good and bad news. Good news, it was here, bad news it was making a lot of racket when you turned it side to side.
But all is good, when I opened it I found that he had put it in a box inside a box. That saved it. The noise was four Deans connectors rolling around in there.
So here are the items in "the package".
I'll be glassing today and will dive deeper into this stuff tomorrow.
The build continues!

J
Aug 10, 2017, 01:09 PM
Foam abuser!
So glad you finally got it John, and that nothing was damaged. There's no stopping you now!

Pat
Aug 10, 2017, 01:15 PM
They call me Lipo.....

The Eagle has Landed!

Outstanding !!!!
Aug 10, 2017, 01:48 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Yep, pretty happy now that the drama is all over. They close from 11:00am to 12:00 pm for lunch.
Things started going my way when it was 3 min to 11:00 and I told him I wasn't leaving w/o it.

J
Aug 10, 2017, 04:25 PM
fly like an EAGLE ;)
Man thats good news!! And Wade...you did a hell of a job there!!
Aug 10, 2017, 05:55 PM
Pro Hoarder
Nice..No sleep for you now John
Aug 10, 2017, 06:57 PM
Gonna build a model of "Slim Pickings" for the maiden ?
That would be Great !