Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 17, 2018, 03:42 AM
All a bit relative really 'cos we aren't exactly swamped with kits.

I saw Joachim a couple of weeks ago at a show and I asked about sales of the Vertigo, he said that he wasn't really pushing it at the moment because it was more difficult to produce than most of his other stuff and that the pricing 'didn't leave much over'.

Paul
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2018, 06:49 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer, Paul.

Perhaps it is a chicken-egg-situation... Which came first? In the case of producing the Vertigo I assume that if it can be sold to a rather big audience, production costs sink. In case the Vertigo is sold to a rather small audience... I understand that production-costs (including handling, etc., etc.) will barely cover the 119,-€ current selling price.

airc2fly.de on the other hand looks like a supplier that can be trusted (based on my, rather subjective I admit, expierence with Germany-based suppliers in general) which adds value to the product. In case of being in need of some spare parts, it is good to know the supplier is keeping some stock, understands your needs, is willing to provide some extra service, etc., etc.
Last edited by eric_laermans; May 17, 2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo
May 17, 2018, 09:17 PM
I can understand that the German manufacturing cost will be considerably higher than that of models made in China.
But when it comes to customer seeing a model kit selling for 119.0 E +freight and then a similar kit selling for 38.0 E including freight......a pretty simple decision...and it appears that Paul has made the same decision.
Also taking into consideration that both kits require all electrics to be supplied by the builder.
Happy Landings
Chris...
May 18, 2018, 02:39 AM
What kit is selling for 38€? Is that also a pusher autogyro?
May 18, 2018, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_laermans
What kit is selling for 38? Is that also a pusher autogyro?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-from-Banggood

https://www.banggood.com/New-Luobo-V...r_warehouse=CN

(even saved as 'Shipped To: Netherlands' for you )

Not a pusher.

If you are keen on pushers and can handle a knife or saw:-

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1-Have-fun-%29

Mine used cheap poplar plywood from a big DIY store for the body and the material costs were pretty low, just need a HK C30 rotor head and G10 Delta plate, Coolwinds in the UK used to carry those but I am at work and our security is blocking their site at the moment.

Paul
May 19, 2018, 02:23 AM
Two Blade Minimum RC Autogyro Test Flight (6 min 38 sec)

And of coarse there is always the Minimum if you want to make one from carbon or wood in two or three blade versions.
Last edited by britinoz; May 19, 2018 at 02:30 AM.
May 19, 2018, 04:35 AM
The minimum looks very nice too. Meanwhile I sent Joachim an e-mail asking for a fair priced Vertigo in Exchange for Some good PR for the Vertigo.
May 19, 2018, 03:22 PM
oops
May 19, 2018, 11:24 PM
How can you tell him that you will give good PR..before you have the model???
Or is that how it works ??
Chris...
May 20, 2018, 02:46 AM
Not good in the sense of positive, but good in the sense of large publikum. No, I am always honest with reviews, mentioning both good side as things that need further improvement. Both potential buyers as the producer benefit from the review. Connecting supply and demand is my mission statement.
Jun 22, 2018, 04:03 AM
Just a quick 'heads up'.

Over on the Electric Plane Talk they are all excited about a R/C hang glider which looks pretty cool :-

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Glider-Review

the excitement is because that model is now being carried by Twisted Hobbies who have stated that they intend to carry the whole range of Punkair models.
Point is, Punkair is actually airc2fly so highly possible that you Guys over in the US will be able to get hold of Vertigos without huge shipping costs.

Paul
Jun 26, 2018, 04:28 PM
Well, hopefully they get productioncosts of Vertigo to sink considerably too. Besides... those R/C hanggliders in general never captured my interest. R/C Autogiros are exciting in their sometimes quirky behavior.

Quick Reply