Thread Tools
May 16, 2017, 01:03 AM
Registered User
Time lapse video at 4K
FIREFLY 8S time lapse video at 4k (0 min 15 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2017, 11:47 AM
120sr/200srx/230s/300cfx/200qx
targetingxmod's Avatar
Make a video showing the menu...if is touch or keys...

I prefer keys...

And also say something about the good gyro it have...is it optical or by software?
Marketing says something about 6axis gyro... bulls"#$?

Sony did a good job on their action cam... an action cam should be like that... having the stability image like the FDX3000...no need for NOISY motor gimballs to screw low level sound's recorded...


May 17, 2017, 02:14 AM
Registered User
Marcofan76's Avatar
no have touchscreen and stabilization is software
May 17, 2017, 02:29 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod

Sony did a good job on their action cam... an action cam should be like that... having the stability image like the FDX3000...no need for NOISY motor gimballs to screw low level sound's recorded...


You will never get such a wide level of stabilization with any camera stabilization system compared to a gimbal.
It's even useless trying to compare that.
May 17, 2017, 04:15 AM
120sr/200srx/230s/300cfx/200qx
targetingxmod's Avatar
If all action cams did have the stabilization like Sony FDX3000... there was no need for action gimballs style...

Leave the gimball for the high end stuff or DSLR cameras!

And yes... gimball stability is always better... its a hardware feature! Action cams should have hardware optical gyro or something like that. Or they are not action cams... If Sony did it... why others can't? Bet that hardware is way less then 50€ to produce. I don't mind paying that if it works like Sony.

Problem with gimballs is the motor noise. Only way to have perfect sound is add music or use and external mic away for the gimball.

I see internet videos with no gimball noise.. how is that possible? What software miracle they use!???

You know...internet is full of things that are just not the real stuff....

One thing sure i know is that all those Chinese need to produce a real action cam like this:

-It got a kick ass sensor and is a DSLR interchangable camera... but got a big problem... It's the same size of a action cam, but it's not an action cam... terrible stabilization or NONE, and needs to be lens adjusted every on/off..

If they produce in that size a camera with that sensor or something equal (dinousar) size with backlite with a Sony FDX3000 optical stabilization alike with a stock good lens (no need for extra expensive unless user wants it could change)...they will sell them like hot cakes....

I mean, a high end dinossaur size sensor with stabilization like a gimball in go pro size...now that's a real action cam!

It doesn't need to be expensive...that on the photo is even cheaper then the GO PRO5... GO pro is just a brand..not the ultimate quality or price!

Why they don't use 50€ sensor, 50€ stability 50€ hardware/box/software 50€ lens and sell them around 400€....
It can be done... and it will aim things GO PRO only achieved by finding a size that is good for action.

I would love to see a Z1 E Camera with stability like the Sony FDX3000 (optical) and a starter lens good enough for the quality of the sensor for that prices... Chinese manufacter's aim the low end target of the market...but they can and already aimed the good stuff...that is not top level dollar like 10k camera... i mean for 400€ or less why not? Hardware is not that expensive...So built it!


This Firefly 8s videos puted by the manufacter on internet are awesome quality...but is that using artifacts? Yep... one is external gimballs.
As for the image quality... any software nuke ? Anyway i like the price, and would happilly trow 300€ for a camera like that E1 Z with Sony FDX3000 gyro thing with lens... and those things can be made cheaper then a GOPRO5! Internal cost of the GO PRO is not 399€
Half the price or more is profit to seller/distribuiter & manufacter....

IMHO!
Last edited by targetingxmod; May 17, 2017 at 04:36 AM.
May 17, 2017, 05:27 PM
mr1
mr1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcofan76
@Victor we can share apk file of app?
Can he?
May 18, 2017, 01:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod
Make a video showing the menu...if is touch or keys...

I prefer keys...

And also say something about the good gyro it have...is it optical or by software?
Marketing says something about 6axis gyro... bulls"#$?

Sony did a good job on their action cam... an action cam should be like that... having the stability image like the FDX3000...no need for NOISY motor gimballs to screw low level sound's recorded...


It's keys.

Will make this kind of videos soon

We will keep improving the cameras.
May 18, 2017, 01:12 AM
Registered User

We share the raw videos


Quote:
Originally Posted by targetingxmod
If all action cams did have the stabilization like Sony FDX3000... there was no need for action gimballs style...

Leave the gimball for the high end stuff or DSLR cameras!

And yes... gimball stability is always better... its a hardware feature! Action cams should have hardware optical gyro or something like that. Or they are not action cams... If Sony did it... why others can't? Bet that hardware is way less then 50€ to produce. I don't mind paying that if it works like Sony.

Problem with gimballs is the motor noise. Only way to have perfect sound is add music or use and external mic away for the gimball.

I see internet videos with no gimball noise.. how is that possible? What software miracle they use!???

You know...internet is full of things that are just not the real stuff....

........
.......

IMHO!
We share the raw videos that anyone can download to his computer.
You could check that, if there's any software nuke ?
if you have any result let's talk about it ,thanks!

Video download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...XBvUU80a01NLUE

Thanks for your ideas, that's cool.

Last edited by Victor.K; May 18, 2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: too long
May 18, 2017, 01:14 AM
Registered User
FIREFLY 8S Slow Motion test,JUST for fun

FIREFLY 8S slow motion test (0 min 26 sec)
May 18, 2017, 06:45 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
Victor can you please share 2.7k 60FPS?
Thank you.
May 18, 2017, 09:25 AM
Registered User

Support 2.5K 60FPS


Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Victor can you please share 2.7k 60FPS?
Thank you.
Support 2.5K 60FPS Thanks!
May 18, 2017, 09:54 AM
Registered User

yes


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcofan76
no have touchscreen and stabilization is software
\

Yes, you are right
May 18, 2017, 09:57 AM
Registered User

APP for 8S


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcofan76
@Victor we can share apk file of app?
Please check this link for andorid, ios is uploaded and waiting.

http://www.hawkeyefirefly.com/fireflycam.apk

app will keep updating.
May 18, 2017, 09:59 AM
Registered User

Yes it CAN


Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
Victor, last question please - will camera work without the battery but powered via USB?
That's how I use my Yi and I like it as it saves weight for the gimbal.
Yes it CAN
May 18, 2017, 10:44 AM
Registered User
Hello.Please tooo video 2.5K60fps on google.drive...
Last edited by shazorra; May 18, 2017 at 01:21 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion GitUp Git2 - 16MP Sony CMOS, Gyro, RC, Ext. Mic, Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners Thread** TechTronic9000 Aerial Photography 7279 Sep 21, 2018 12:46 AM
Discussion FIREFLY 7S - NT96660 + IMX078 - Gyro,Display 2'', Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners Thread** Marcofan76 Aerial Photography 305 Sep 17, 2018 09:10 AM
Discussion GitUp Action Cam - Sony CMOS, RC, Wi-Fi, GoPro size ***Owners Thread*** Mtz Aerial Photography 1076 Aug 15, 2018 10:34 PM
Discussion EKEN H8 PRO Ambarella A12S75 + IMX078 LCD 2'', Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners Tread** Marcofan76 Aerial Photography 76 Dec 22, 2017 03:36 AM
Discussion EKEN H8 - 4K@30FPS - 12,4MP Sony IMX078 CMOS, RC, Wi-Fi, GoPro size **Owners Thread** Marcofan76 Aerial Photography 125 Jul 24, 2016 08:37 AM