Jun 25, 2019, 07:17 PM
Looks like Android is just about to start to support DCI P3 to follow the Iphone. I wonder if the action camera market will follow this??? I sure would welcome it.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2019, 12:03 AM

Issues as a dashcam it keeps turning off

Hello guys.
Is anyone here using this camera as a dash cam?
I have the car setting and supposedly the loop recording setting .. I attach a picture of the camera screen info so you can see.
The thing is that when I turn the camera on on my car the camera records for like 5 minutes or something like that and then turns off. obviously with full battery. No usb cable is being used.
The weird thing is that if I turn it on in my house it does not happen it just keeps recording but in the car it always turns off every few minutes and I have to constantly turn it on

The best set up for me in the car is to use it mounted upside down, so I thought maybe is because of that, but I tried it straight up and also it keeps turning off.
Any Ideas what I am missing?

Also, I just discovered that if I turn it on, and then press again for half a second the turn on camera I see an safelock icon appears. I have no idea which function it represent.
Thanks
Jul 03, 2019, 04:04 PM
The only thing I can think of is the memory card is either not securing in place or the contacts are moving apart from each other while the car is moving
Jul 21, 2019, 11:29 PM
Anyone know when the firefly X is coming out?

I'm hoping it has gyro support for 4k 60fps and 2.5k/1440p 60fps.
Last edited by gimbleguy; Jul 22, 2019 at 12:32 AM.
Jul 22, 2019, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy
Anyone know when the firefly X is coming out?

I'm hoping it has gyro support for 4k 60fps and 2.5k/1440p 60fps.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=101
Jul 30, 2019, 10:00 PM

No switching off the internal mic, when connecting the USB-LavMic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.K
av out pin is the sampe as hero 4.

I want to make my own (longer and universal) USB-av cable. Is there a resistor necesary to activate the video out at pin 9?
Does the F8s also support Audio out on pin 10?

Another point: I am using the original Firefly LavMic. But the internal Mic is not muted when connecting the USB-Mic.
I have an other Mic-Adapter from Pionpion.fr that makes the internal MicSound 80-90% less, but also not full muted-left&right channel are bridged.
Another adapter for 1 (angeled-no cable) works 100% - no sound from the internal. Mic-no resistor and left&right channel NOT bridged! Amazing, isn`t it?
It seams that there is no resistor or something else necessary to activate Mic in, right?

Its with all FWs I have tested (last V79)- Nobody had this problem?

Quick Reply