Align T-REX 760X F3C Dominator / 760X 3D TOP

Align presents an All-in-One solution for both a 760 3D as well as an F3C machine in one versatile kit.

Splash

Align releases the new 760X in both the F3C and 3D TOP versions to the public.

Today we have another new release from Align. Instead of building 2 new machines for 2 different applications, Align has just made some minor modifications to accommodate for the F3C model from the new 3D TOP 760X. The new models include all the current design updates from their previous releases that brings the whole T-REX family together.

They are using the 700 EFL rotor head, along with all the new electronics. The frame is slightly narrower on the upper deck to slim down the overall look. They also are introducing the new 760 main blades along with a new addition to the tail using a 105 Tri-blade system. The main difference you will have to choose from is the F3C will come with a few different color schemes for the full body fuselage, and the 3D TOP will have the standard 3D style canopy. The pitch arms are slightly longer on the F3C version too.

For more information on the new 760X click here.

What is included:

• T-REX 760X Dominator Set x 1
  • 760 Carbon Fiber Main Blades x 1 set
  • 105mm 3K Carbon Fiber tail blades x 1 set
  • 850MX Brushless motor (490KV/4535) x 1
  • DS820M HV brushless servos x 3
  • DS825M HV brushless servo x 1
  • HobbyWing Platinum HV 160A V4 ESC x 1
  • MicroBeast PLUS FBL system x 1

Last edited by ndfly700; May 01, 2017 at 04:48 PM..
May 02, 2017, 07:12 PM
It won't be good for F3C till they fix the screwed up geometry of their 3 bladed tail. Align has been radio silent about that issue but you can read about it here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=751921

Basically the little plastic dogbones are too short and you end up with around 15 degrees pitch at center/neutral when it should be around 5 degrees for a three blade tail. This also causes maximum pitch to be way too high in one direction and much to low in the other. You can fix this problem but you shouldn't have to.

EDIT: Slanted stance on the landing gear isn't ideal for F3C either but they might have changed to standard landing struts.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; May 02, 2017 at 07:17 PM.
May 02, 2017, 11:57 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
You could have got a similar increase on tail hold just by fitting 115mm tail blades to the two blade tail... I wonder why they didn't do that, seems like much the simpler option.

Also I wonder why Align didn't fit the bigger diameter tail boom like they already use on the 800.. (To answer my own question I guess it's to avoid designing a new tail boom mount).
May 03, 2017, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
You could have got a similar increase on tail hold just by fitting 115mm tail blades to the two blade tail... I wonder why they didn't do that, seems like much the simpler option.
Longer tail blades can cause issues with tail blade stall. I had that issue with 115mm tail blades on my Rush, it had a nasty bounce back and bark on hard stops that I could never completely tune out. So I switched to a three blade tail which gives about 30% more tail thrust but without the blade stall problems.

Also three blade tails generate less vibes.

BTW ever wonder why all wind turbines have three blades? It's because it's the ideal balance of cost vs performance. One extra blade increases the output by 30% over two so it makes sense to have three blades, adding a fourth doesn't make sense because the increase in power output over three is significantly lower. It also lowers vibration from the turbine (more like low frequency oscillation)
May 03, 2017, 01:45 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Yeah, I appreciate that three blade heads are smoother. But the fact is that many if not most 700-800 helis use two 115mm tail blades with no issues whatsoever, so it's certainly possible. 115mm blades don't have any inherent stall issues.

I think in the case of the Trex it may well be vibrations that's the issue because even with the 105mm tails reports of tail 'hum' are not unheard of.