New Lynx Oxy 2 thread - RC Groups
Apr 28, 2017, 08:12 PM
Discussion

New Lynx Oxy 2 thread

Hi guys,

I just ordered an Oxy 2 Factory Edition and it will arrive on Monday. A Main got them in stock this very morning!
I am super excited as I have read and watched some stuff about this kit which I firmly believe will become the "king of micros".. Luca and Oxy have done a mass of research and development with top 3d pilots - and their claim is that this micro (auw 350g with 850mah 3s lipo) does fly very much like a much larger heli. Now, manufacturers do make great claims for their new products of course, but having seen Luca himself flying the Oxy 2 on video; to my eyes anyway, it does seem they have achieved their goal!
It was amazing watching Luca making ultra stable flips in a sea breeze, the heli flipping on the spot with no loss of altitude, very akin to a good pilot flying a 600!!

As for me, I'm just beginning 3d so I have also ordered an MSH micro brain 2 and I am choosing to go with the Align mx250 motor. It is somewhat down on the insane power of the factory-specced eox motor but I will be using a 16t pinion as Oxy make one in the correct 2.5mm spindle size for fliers wanting to use a milder setup.

I am using Blue Arrow mg servos for the 180cfx, they are recommended by Lynx as a cheaper alternative to the Lynx micro sx.

I had six 1000mah lipos available and a HobbyWing 50 amp ESC - way bigger than needed, but if it fits the heli physically, I'm going to try it - using the governed mode as it has an rpm output.

Oh well, we'll see when the kit arrives next week!

Stay posted.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2017, 08:28 PM

Luca flying Oxy 2

Luca's OXY 2 video (4 min 10 sec)
Apr 28, 2017, 08:34 PM

Another Oxy 2 test flight!

OXY 2 | short smack in the gravel quarry (2 min 12 sec)
Apr 28, 2017, 08:38 PM

Oxy 2 with CR flying.

OXY 2 in the wind (2 min 34 sec)
Apr 28, 2017, 08:53 PM
For those that haven't heard too much about the Oxy 2 it has 190mm blades and a projected 350g flying weight. The first kits are the "Factory" edition: with ALL the CNC upgrades, inc the delrin cnc main gear, although future kits will be offered as 'standard' with more plastic reinforced parts. The engineering that has gone into the Oxy 2 looks to be amazing with quad tail bearings, fuse-like sacrificial bolts in the dfc head etc, etc.

To get the Factory Edition out for the summer Lynx had to 3d print two of the components before the moulds are ready.. These are the battery tray and the tail boom mount.

Even the price ($214) was reasonable (if not excellent IMHO) but the aim I gather is for Lynx to enter the lower price markets too with the standard kit - which I also gleaned will be 35g lighter!

I saw on the Oxy Facebook page that the boys are developing a special motor available soon with 50 PC more output.. Yep.. That is 500 watts!

I will stick with a more layed back setup..
Last edited by BillyWhiz; Apr 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM.
Apr 28, 2017, 09:37 PM
Super congratulations!
Hope you get your Oxy 2 asap....
Apr 28, 2017, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker
Super congratulations!
Hope you get your Oxy 2 asap....
Thanks.. I'm stoked they actually arrived in stock on the predicted date of 28th April! So often arrival dates aren't met.

Now for a slow careful build and setup!
Apr 28, 2017, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWhiz
Thanks.. I'm stoked they actually arrived in stock on the predicted date of 28th April! So often arrival dates aren't met.

Now for a slow careful build and setup!
Absolutely, stock dates are usually postponed....your comments about your new heli will be most interesting!
Apr 28, 2017, 11:54 PM
Okay, first penny in the piggy bank on payday... I only needed to hear the first video (okay I watched too but DAMN what a sound!) at $25 a week, I can be ready just in time for them to be sold out
Apr 29, 2017, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
Okay, first penny in the piggy bank on payday... I only needed to hear the first video (okay I watched too but DAMN what a sound!) at $25 a week, I can be ready just in time for them to be sold out
It was the first video that made my mind up too.. I love the boss man's flying style!

Maybe it is that he's doing stuff that is somewhat "old hat"?? I don't know - but it seems cool to me.. I saw piro aileron loops, funnels that tightened up.. Awesome flying in a small space! We shall wait until Mr Alsaadi flies it..
Apr 30, 2017, 11:18 PM
Looking forward to the Oxy 2 kit arriving tomorrow - workbench area cleared and ready!

I'm going to try a super neat build - servo wires, ESC cables etc will be reduced in size for one thing. Its a small helicopter..

I decidec I am going to source a 20A or a 25A esc instead of trying the 50A Hobbywing brick and I will now be using my existing devo radio with a mini k-bar instead of the micro brain 2 for financial reasons.

All this is therapy after the recent demise of my 470Lp which had a very close encounter with my head whilst trying to get aileron tic tocs wired.. Too close actually.

I'm very relieved to be going back to a 250 for 3d training now!
May 01, 2017, 09:35 PM

New Lynx Oxy 2 recommended servos

Gents:

We are importers of the Blue Arrow BA 8-1, digital, metal case and gears micro servos, which are recommended by the factory.
Next batch is at U.S. Customs and will be with us this week,

http://www.hobbyclub.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1698

rgds,

Alberto
www.hobbyclub.com
May 13, 2017, 06:52 PM
Well, these lil Oxy 2s are really nice: especially if you like kit builds. Mine is a low spec Align 250mx 15A setup but it flies great: very precise!
I have set mine up now with a copper wire Jesus bolt and that saves the main gear which is good because they are currently in CNC versions only and $17 each!! I hear there are plans to mold the main gear soon.
I did bend a feathering shaft and break one dfc link. Stock plastic blades seem almost indestructible which is nice although I'm flying with EXI cf blades now.
I'm getting five minutes sport flying from a 1000mah 3s lipo. Motor and 15A ESC are cool after 5 mins.
I'm using a k-bar mini which works at lowest tail and cyclic gain settings. Original plan was to use a nicer fbl but funds ran out!

I guess the Oxy 2 with a 15 amp setup is like a souped up MCP, which is fine by me..
It is as strong too: the tail boom is mega beefy and the skids made from a bendy plastic.
I think the spindle is more fragile but there you go.. Same for the fibreglas canopy but it can be easily repaired.

I would definitely recommend the Oxy 2 after about 35 flights and three or four minor bounces!
May 13, 2017, 08:25 PM
this is a really nice heli, although lynx has a funny idea of what the lower heli market is. 180 for the kit without servos. just like the mini goblem its priced around what you would pay for an align 470lp with esc and motor.
May 13, 2017, 09:36 PM
True.. But there isn't much competition and the Align 250 always seems pricy mainly as it has the fbl etc included..?
I favor bare bones kits. I feel it is worth the dosh, the belt tail is a must IMHO...