Sep 24, 2017, 12:17 PM
Trader Rating: 16
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
Carlos, you really need to stop bringing my name up, it is getting old
Well there is always the name change thing. Not 100% effective, as there are numerous data miners here, but better than no action at all.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2017, 03:51 PM
Trader Rating: 84
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
Well there is always the name change thing. Not 100% effective, as there are numerous data miners here, but better than no action at all.
That is funny. The fact that he can use my name and then, he gets all in a temper tantrum when I use his name.

You are correct, perhaps a name change is way over due. However, like you implied, the history goes with you!
Sep 24, 2017, 04:14 PM
Trader Rating: 84
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0712
So good to see, kudos to both of you guys!!
Thank Kev,

I just wished that ALL transactions, especially personal meetings could be like this but, let me say to be perfectly clear that my issue is not the $$$$ as I was dealing with little $$$, less than $70 US and that's really low $$$ in the large scheme of things for anyone in this hobby, however, what really gets me BOILING is the dreaded NO SHOW.

This is totally uncalled for and noting that the person who left me holding the bag, sort of speak, went with another SELLER to buy another model without even entertaining to make good on our prior agreements.

People think they can go on to do whatever they want without noting that their antics will be discovered.

All I am doing is pointing out a Pattern of Behavior that is as much atrocious in ANY DEAL, the NO SHOW and a Mountain of Excuses.
Sep 25, 2017, 02:54 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Thank Kev,

I just wished that ALL transactions, especially personal meetings could be like this but, let me say to be perfectly clear that my issue is not the $$$$ as I was dealing with little $$$, less than $70 US and that's really low $$$ in the large scheme of things for anyone in this hobby, however, what really gets me BOILING is the dreaded NO SHOW.

This is totally uncalled for and noting that the person who left me holding the bag, sort of speak, went with another SELLER to buy another model without even entertaining to make good on our prior agreements.

People think they can go on to do whatever they want without noting that their antics will be discovered.

All I am doing is pointing out a Pattern of Behavior that is as much atrocious in ANY DEAL, the NO SHOW and a Mountain of Excuses.
I agree my friend..as in the 1.9 scaler thread...people come to a point In the road...where they might just have to say "shoot I can't make It"

Do I.....
A) tell the buyer I can't make it...
B)just don't tell the other person anything and hope they "forget" the fact that I was supposed to be coming.

Or C)start making excuses and hope they believe me...

I've been in situations in the past where I have really pissed people off...because for some reason I had to back out of prior arrangements...or change things mid stream...even if for something as stupid as golf with my father...

Instead of just ignoring people completely, or calling/texting/ I couldn't hold up my end because I crashed a moped and am now in a full body cast, drinking through a straw, and lost my entire family in a tragic plane crash....i don't know how people do it...

In the end....i know the guys I've had to make last minute changes, respected honesty...and although a few were highly unpleased at the time..we remain friends to this day....

Honesty goes a long way....and people have to think...the guys here (for the most part) are not going to crucify you for having a problem...so long as your not jerking them around playing like they are stupid...its at that time guys get pissed...start threads....and hold grudges....
Sep 25, 2017, 06:32 PM
Trader Rating: 99
"Honesty goes a long way....and people have to think." Quote from kev0712

Truer words have not been spoken. Whether it is RC related or major financial undertakings, honesty, itegrity, (and for this site, communications) are what will make or break a man.

In a nutshell, act as you were taught in first grade, and you will do fine. Just don't act like a first grader. There IS a difference, you know.
Sep 25, 2017, 07:32 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanbur
"Honesty goes a long way....and people have to think." Quote from kev0712

Truer words have not been spoken. Whether it is RC related or major financial undertakings, honesty, itegrity, (and for this site, communications) are what will make or break a man.

In a nutshell, act as you were taught in first grade, and you will do fine. Just don't act like a first grader. There IS a difference, you know.
Now that you stole my quote, I'm definitely stealing yours stan

"Act as you were taught in first grade, just don't act like a first grader."..

Amazing. I've never heard that, even once...and when you read that to yourself...so true...

Although I've been known to act like a first grader at times, mostly just here, and with the wife sometimes when I don't get my way even then I really do mean well. I have a problem articulating things like some of the pros, but in my mind...it went great!
Sep 25, 2017, 08:47 PM
Trader Rating: 99
You do just fine kev0712. Your articulation is just fine.

Quick Reply