Dec 14, 2019, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
All the receivers that have both firmwares available can go back and forth between them as desired.
Thanks, that is good new!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2019, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosko
Any chance FrSky could make an antenna similar to the one TBS made for Bob https://fpvcycle.com/collections/rad...ssfire-antenna

The current T style antenna that ships with the R9MM is to large for toothpick builds. Obviously it won't be full range but it's range would be far enough that the battery would go flat first.
Or could we just get a version of the R9MM with a U.FL connector instead of the IPX4. That way we can use any antenna on the market.
Dec 16, 2019, 02:52 AM
i have one receiver r9mm with problem in update firmware, everytime i try got error when going in reset mode before starting flash and a waring message thar receiver does not respond. it lights up on detection whtn starting to flash routine than no more respond. is there a different solution for this?
Dec 16, 2019, 01:53 PM
Donīt grow up, itīs a trap
Last chance are these four STLink pads ( GND/NRST/IO/CLK) . But donīt ask me how they are arranged on this receiver, GND can be found easily..;-)
Last edited by aMax; Dec 16, 2019 at 02:08 PM.
Dec 16, 2019, 03:47 PM
Happy FPV flyer
There is no firmware around that you will be able to flash that way.
Dec 16, 2019, 05:22 PM
no file no party. i understand... gotta use in sbus on a cinewoop low costo.
Dec 18, 2019, 05:52 PM
Still tryin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligola
i have one receiver r9mm with problem in update firmware, everytime i try got error when going in reset mode before starting flash and a waring message thar receiver does not respond. it lights up on detection whtn starting to flash routine than no more respond. is there a different solution for this?
Are you trying to flash the receiver from the Radio? Are you following this video?
How to update Frsky R9M and R9 Slim firmware (12 min 37 sec)
or one of the many on youtube?
Dec 18, 2019, 09:25 PM
new to the thread, with R9 slim+ and 2 T antenna what is the maxinum range can I get all the telemetry data back to R9 in 1 W power?
Dec 18, 2019, 11:24 PM
The transmit power doesn't matter. Telemetry is returned at ~100mw. A few km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanh91gl
new to the thread, with R9 slim+ and 2 T antenna what is the maxinum range can I get all the telemetry data back to R9 in 1 W power?
Dec 19, 2019, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward McRichy
Are you trying to flash the receiver from the Radio?
yess i have updated all receivers successful, since i did flash normal flex non f port firmware, cannot update anymore to change this singlew receiver and could not me resetted, like 5v and gnd work because i see red led but on reboot signal wire does not give signal, i tryed sbus out, s port , and inverted s port wiring.
now i did put this on small build so can live even with only rssi and batt values, but was to understand whats wrong with it.
ad more to add i did try on a qx7 radio and x9lite radio to be shure.....
Dec 19, 2019, 06:22 AM
Quote:
6-8km on fixed wing with good component separation.
Dec 19, 2019, 01:19 PM
For flying out loud!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guy
I've been out to 16km with the telemetry still working fine (with no sign of it not being able to go further).

That was with good seperation / filtering, T antennas on an R9 slim+, standard frsky antenna on the module and the Latest Flex firware at 100mw.

RSSI was hovering around high 30s to low 40s.

I've still never reached the end of R9 control or telemetry, I'm always turning around because of 5.8 video
Dec 19, 2019, 08:32 PM
Never run out of control or telemetry either. Turning around because of battery. Running 2.4ghz video.
Dec 19, 2019, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Guy
I expected more, my mini talon is flying with TBS crossfire at about 20 - 25km distance, the only thing I considering to buy R9M is ardupilot frsky telemetry and yaapu lua script in my T16.
Dec 20, 2019, 10:47 AM
GVT
GVT
I have not followed this thread for long. Just a quick question. What is the best(most stable) firmware to use for and old version R9M module and R9MM / R9 Mini tx? No long distance use. Just for redundancy.

Fcc or LBT - Flex

Quick Reply