New Product

FrSky New Arrival – R9&R9M long range RC system

Overview
--------------------

R9 Receiver

R9M Module

Specifications
--------------------
  • Dimension: 43.8*26.8*13.8 (L*W*H - R9)
  • Weight: 16.5g (R9)/ 56.2g (R9M+Antenna)
  • Number of Channels: 16CH (1~8ch from conventional channel outputs, 1~16ch from SBUS)
  • Firmware Upgradable
  • Compatibility: R9&R9M
  • Operating Voltage Range: 4V-10V(R9)/ 7V-15V(R9M)
  • R9 Operating Current: 100mA@5V
  • R9M Operating current:

Features
--------------------
  • 900MHz working mode ( 868MHz for EU areas )
  • Two auto-detected modulations of PXX or CPPM
  • Light weight combination
  • Long range ( 1.5KM@10mW and 10km@1W or farther ), low latency and high precision RC system
  • 4 optional RF power from 10mW to 1W (10mW/100mW/500mW/1000mW )
  • Self-healing ACCST frequency hopping link
  • Smart Port enabled, realizing two-way full duplex transmission

Retail Price (Tax Excluded): Name: {62C52BC2-DF16-49F6-8F7E-D87566A8070A}.jpg
Views: 368
Size: 20.3 KB
Description:
Volunteer: Please leave me your message if you want to help us to test samples

FrSky hope you have found this useful and have a nice day guys!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2017, 07:01 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
I would be extremely interested in testing a sample of a system like this! I currently use the L9R receiver with great success out to over 12 km and would like to help FrSky with a true long range system.
Apr 30, 2017, 12:55 AM
I am very interested! This would be a great help in my challenging flying area. I have lots of trees, so even when I am close I sometimes have trouble keeping good signal. This lower freq will help with that I'm sure. I can provide a good testing environment, and of course it will plug into my Taranis
Apr 30, 2017, 07:57 AM
It certainly looks like an interesting product, allowing flying at a greater distance with confidence, for me I'm thinking in gliders.

I'd be interested to know:
  • Is there RSSI telemetry to provide a degree of feedback on the signal strength?
  • What is the maximum legal RF signal strength we can broadcast on 868MHz for EU areas?
  • What are the drawbacks of this system compared to the X receivers and 2.4GHz? (I figure there has to be some negative aspects other wise why not adopt this as the new system?)

Best wishes, B
Apr 30, 2017, 10:08 AM
I would be honored to test out your new long range system, I currently use your products and protocols, DTF UHF openlrsng, and other 433mhz long range systems.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
May 01, 2017, 05:37 AM
Learning to crash
Is it still considered a long range system with the telemetry enabled?
May 01, 2017, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T
Is it still considered a long range system with the telemetry enabled?
Yes, with 10km control range you probably won't get 10km telemetry (i think the receiver only has 100mW power) but it should be much better then a 2.4g system. It will not be as good for range as a real uhf system probably but the telemetry option is a big advantage
May 01, 2017, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby01
It certainly looks like an interesting product, allowing flying at a greater distance with confidence, for me I'm thinking in gliders.

I'd be interested to know:
  • Is there RSSI telemetry to provide a degree of feedback on the signal strength?
  • What is the maximum legal RF signal strength we can broadcast on 868MHz for EU areas?
  • What are the drawbacks of this system compared to the X receivers and 2.4GHz? (I figure there has to be some negative aspects other wise why not adopt this as the new system?)

Best wishes, B
Yes it has RSSI as all other telemetry option through S.Port.

The allowed power for 868 is different per country and in NL it looks like 10mW is legal, although 500mW is allowed for other purposes.

Since it is a long range system i suspect a lower data rate available although the specs say low latency and high accuracy.
May 01, 2017, 07:56 AM
Learning to crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
Yes, with 10km control range you probably won't get 10km telemetry (i think the receiver only has 100mW power) but it should be much better then a 2.4g system. It will not be as good for range as a real uhf system probably but the telemetry option is a big advantage
Sounds like a nice little system. Ive been using the x8rs in my planes and gliders for a couple of years now, and while they work good I get nervous about sending my bigger gliders out more and 1500' (low rssi warnings) or so with the telemetry enabled on my x8rs. I would be willing to test one of these out in a glider for Frsky.
May 01, 2017, 04:17 PM
Suspended Account
I'd like an opportunity to test one of these on an FPV airplane I have with a Redundancy bus in it. I have an Amateur Radio license which is required to use this module at full power in the USA.

Jeti-Mod. Making your jeti multilingual.
All Your Bays Are Belong To Us.
get a jeti-mod
May 02, 2017, 04:40 PM
Suspended Account
I wonder if this in combination with an x4r or xm+ on the internal module would work better than an XM+ or l9r on an external module and an x4r-sb on the internal module with a Redundancy bus. I was disappointed to have found out x4r with xm+ or l9r results in repeated telemetry lost/recovered warnings, especially after purchasing the bits specifically for that purpose. Would love to test that aspect specifically.

Jeti-Mod. Making your jeti multilingual.
All Your Bays Are Belong To Us.
get a jeti-mod
May 02, 2017, 06:45 PM
I would love to have the chance to test this out. I have been wanting to go long range but didn't want to lose telemetry. This seems like the perfect answer. I am currently heavily invested in FrSky products and this module and receiver would be a great addition.
May 07, 2017, 12:33 PM
Team-Legit would love to test out and help develop and/or review this unit! Please consider us for testing samples. Our YouTube page is https://www.youtube.com/user/FPVTeamLegit

-Ian
May 09, 2017, 12:32 PM
wow, this is will great product,

I have a plane with 90minutes flight time, I think it will be good to test how far this can go fly and absolutely go back
May 16, 2017, 11:05 PM
I would love to test this and its compatibility with the RB-10 and full size redundancy bus plus some other Commercial UAS projects I have going on under part 107 where we are often running in to the L9R 2.4ghz limits in terms of range.

Quick Reply