This thread is privately moderated by _AL_, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 28, 2017, 01:20 AM
Slow builder
Thread OP
Build Log

Vic Smeed Chatterbox

Vic Smeed Chatterbox built at 120% size.
Motor is a Turnigy D2822/14, 2s battery, 9x 4.5 prop making 75 watts. Rudder & throttle control.
AUW between 680 & 720g (23-25oz) depending on the battery used & loading is between 13-14 oz/ foot.

Covered in Chinacote & the Chatterbox decal is inkjet waterslide decal photoshopped from the original plan.
Maiden as soon as good weather corresponds with a free morning.
Build Thread here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...terbox-for-TBD

Al
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2017, 11:14 AM

Color CoExeceptionalated.....Less is MORE~!

Mark of a true Master rather than CoOrdinated.....

Nice, work Al !

Maybe I missed it but what Tx are you plugging in this?

See your flying with a reed setup that it looks like you modified ??..?? and that you in the past wrote to another person about wiring up an Aristo-Craft 720 to DIY 2.4 ghz. are either of these systems going into this wonderful ship?

Curious what you and others would think of a project Starduster Too I am working to get back in the air after I crashed 21 years ago. Would the best way to show my ship be to start a thread, or should I blog?

May your skies always be blue!

Greg
Jun 17, 2017, 02:46 AM
Slow builder
Thread OP
Thanks Greg.
Original flights were with a Taranis but I will move to the home made GEM reeds once it's trimmed & flying well.
I have plenty of old radios from 60s Sanwa & 70s Kraft proportional, a single channel Silvertone & a few home made reeds & proportional sets so spoiled for choice.

Put a thread up for the Starduster, especially if you want help or advice. Vintage or Balsa Builders threads are probably best. You'll get lots of encouragement there.
Regards.

Al

Quick Reply