Eachine DustX58: 36.2g, F3, 4A BLheli_S/Dshot600 ESC, 0703/20000Kv, 600TVL/25mW (WIP) - Page 4 - RC Groups
May 08, 2017, 07:22 PM
"Just in case"...get it? ;-)
I dislike prop guards, I also don't like using batteries as landing skids. I'm worried about the strength of the frame on this micro quad, especially if I remove the prop guard. I don't have a DustX58...yet...but was wondering how it would handle if the guard was installed upside down and used as a battery protector/landing gear. Any thoughts about this? Can someone who has a DustX58 try it out and report back? Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2017, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brummel
THX .You tried already the H8mini props?

EDIT: Or may be Ladybird cutted too?
Not yet .... For the H8mini, I should have not so far ... so I can make a try
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
May 09, 2017, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustenCase
I dislike prop guards, I also don't like using batteries as landing skids. I'm worried about the strength of the frame on this micro quad, especially if I remove the prop guard. I don't have a DustX58...yet...but was wondering how it would handle if the guard was installed upside down and used as a battery protector/landing gear. Any thoughts about this? Can someone who has a DustX58 try it out and report back? Thanks!
For sure without the propguard, this machine will be 1) super fragile and 2) will wooble like crazy .... so not good the for FPV transmission.
Would be original to install the guard upside down Worth a try
May 09, 2017, 01:14 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
I am considering removing the prop guard and using a second bottom plate, but maybe just cut just past the motors. The CF is wafer thin, and I suspect the frame has still a lot of flex, even with the prop guard installed.

Btw, mine seems to fly rather well on stock settings. There is a little slow wobble, but I am not sure if that is due to PID settings, or the frame having too much flex, or just a rough running motor. Anyway, here's mine outside in a strong breeze, stock settings, stock battery:

Eachine DustX58 - First outdoor flight (1 min 28 sec)
May 09, 2017, 06:51 AM
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
F3 board and a builtin FrSKy D8 receiver and becomes probably the lightest chinese brushless FPV racer.
The FC and ESC board are clones of my design, see:
http://fishpepper.de/2017/03/31/race...r-tinyfish-fc/
Racerstar took it, gave no credit and sell it as theirs :-\ Eachine did the same...

Quote:
Strange, I don't know why the USB port can't provide enough juice. Maybe no Voltage regulator is installed on the FC ? .... but I don't think so...
I can shine some light on that issue: There was no way to route the usb voltage to the main voltage regulator and fit a diode. This is why you can only access the tinyfish FC when the battery is present

Simon
May 09, 2017, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpepper
Hi!

Racerstar took it, gave no credit and sell it as theirs :-\ Eachine did the same...

I can shine some light on that issue: There was no way to route the usb voltage to the main voltage regulator and fit a diode. This is why you can only access the tinyfish FC when the battery is present

Simon
This man really deserves proper credit for this! The chineese companies are probably never going to do it, so, let's at least try to make people aware of how they just steal the desigs and claim it as theire own. I know this won't stop people from buying it, but lets at least try, as a community, to make everyone aware who actualy has put stweat and tears into this. (see fishpepper.de)
May 09, 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpepper
Hi!

Simon
Thanks for this Info ... I will at least add in #1 the URL of your original work ...
May 09, 2017, 10:49 AM
I think I am ready to let this birdy fly. If anyone is interested in a very slightly used dustx58 (one flight on stock lipo). Fast shipping from US. $105
May 09, 2017, 12:00 PM
Shame that they didn't give credit when copying the design. Extra shame for making the copy perform less than the original. Sometimes cloned design contain extra features, and thus show that extra effort was done to improve upon the parts that were used as example.

Btw, I did some FPV flying with the DustX today, I think it doesn't handle that bad, with stock rates and settings. The only thing is that annoying slight wobble, but I think that's related to the motors. Some sound quite "rough" and you also hear these running unevenly. Maybe it's those simple bearings, that are just metal bushings, no ball bearings on something this size...
May 09, 2017, 08:44 PM
United States, NC, Cary
Another tiny brushless quad:
Tomoquad's Kosho nano quadcopter, product video and press release! (1 min 33 sec)
May 10, 2017, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4
Another tiny brushless quad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBf9UtVnNpo
Look good too ... but I don't think it's much more powerfull than the EDX58... 0703 brushless motors are not the right answer... they lack a bit of power.
Maybe some 0704....
May 10, 2017, 10:40 AM
Which one will you recommend - the x73s or the DustX58?
May 10, 2017, 10:52 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Look good too ... but I don't think it's much more powerfull than the EDX58... 0703 brushless motors are not the right answer... they lack a bit of power.
Maybe some 0704....
There are 0705 sized racerstar motors available on banggood
May 10, 2017, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodosaurus
Which one will you recommend - the x73s or the DustX58?

I'm having more fun with the DustX58. The X73 has those exposed motors at the bottom, and the frame is also the flight controller, so a crash can easily become expensive. The X58 uses a minitower and seperate frame.
May 12, 2017, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00nz843z
Oops, you're right, 450mah. The attaching rubber band was covering the 5.
Isn't the original 450mah too heavy for the dust58?