Laine's Planes Custom Glider - RC Groups

Laine's Planes Custom Glider

Laine from LainesPlanes.com has always had a flair for dramatic and different looking aircraft. This year at SEFF is no different with his Cuda and Norman designs flying all over and then you spot this sort of sailplane looking W shaped thing in the sky and you think to yourself, "What the Hell is that?"

Splash

What the H is that???

Laine from LainesPlanes.com has always had a flair for dramatic and different looking aircraft. This year at SEFF is no different with his Cuda and Norman designs flying all over and then you spot this sort of sailplane looking W shaped thing in the sky and you think to yourself, "What the Hell is that?" Well, that's Laines latest creation, called the WTH due to the question you ask yourself when you see it. OK, Laine's name for the plane was another three letter acronym, but this one won't get me in trouble with the mods.

So it all started 3 days before SEFF. Laine realized he didn't have a sailplane for the LRM contest so he jumped on over to his hot wire machine and cut out some extra long Cuda wings and glued them all together to create this interesting shape. It's covered in carbon fiber tissue and epoxy resin, sanded and painted. The fuse is carbon fiber with a V-tail on the end. It runs 6 servos and has giant flaps in the middle to operate like spoilers for landings. For power, it has a Power 25 motor that runs on a 3S 4400mAh lipo with a 12x8 folding prop and a Castle ESC.

Check out Laines Planes here

Apr 27, 2017, 01:41 PM
J. Titors gr8 grandson...
I like it !!
Apr 27, 2017, 02:43 PM
RCGroups Editor
What a unique aircraft!
Apr 27, 2017, 02:49 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Cool! But how does it fly?!?!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Apr 27, 2017, 05:18 PM
Foam is good.
The Mopar man always has something interesting things to fly at SEFF. Good luck with the glider Laine! I need to know what cuda means other than a nice old muscle car. PM me Matt if you get a chance.
Apr 27, 2017, 07:31 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I love it. It looks like an extra-parts-bin special that was built by McGyver.
Apr 27, 2017, 09:34 PM
cool .... It's original ... Like the wing design...
Apr 27, 2017, 11:01 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
It does fly..l and quite well in fact. Nice sport plane really, but as for sailing..... well, we will see during the LMR tomorrow.

Thanks for the nice write up Jason and the comments fellas!

Laine
Apr 28, 2017, 01:31 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Would it be too much to ask for a plan and parts list?
Apr 28, 2017, 11:15 PM
the real question is when do we get our extra long cuda's?
Apr 28, 2017, 11:49 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Plan? Parts list? What's that? ;-)

Laine
May 08, 2017, 09:57 PM
Been away a long time
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
It does fly..l and quite well in fact. Nice sport plane really, but as for sailing..... well, we will see during the LMR tomorrow.

Thanks for the nice write up Jason and the comments fellas!

Laine
Stumbled across this and just had to say Hi to a fellow Cornhusker! First one I've run across on here. I'm bout 50mi west of Hastings. Cool glider!

Scott