May 05, 2017, 01:45 AM
Mansell Models
I have the entire fuselage and tail printed. I am off to work tomorrow and won't be back until the 15th. Sections 4 and 5 don't interlock, I am thinking the Freewing retracts will mount into this bird. Section 5 was the longest printed part, 12 hours. So far, this print has been very easy. I will print the wing and control surfaces next trip home.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2017, 09:35 AM
Mansell Models
Here is the fuselage joined together. Part 4 does not have pins.

Tom
May 05, 2017, 10:00 AM
SJ
SJ
Good size :-)
May 05, 2017, 10:35 AM
That's really nice. Did you say what machine you were printing with? Also, what filament?
May 05, 2017, 10:54 AM
Mansell Models
Prowler,

I am using a Robo 3D R1 plus, my slicer is simplify 3D. My filament is Hatchbox. There are some minor areas that will need sanding before painting.

Overall I am very impressed with the print. Unfortunately with the work schedule, this bird will not be flying until next month. Like everyone else, I am looking forward to seeing this bird flying. I will be getting video of it for sure. The Fuselage took and tail feathers took just over 50 hours to print.

A 6s 5000mah will fit in it with some canopy modifications. I just check this morning Freewing landing will also fit with some minor sanding. The Freewing landing gear is about 2 or 3 mm to wide. But this is what I will use. Hobby King stuff is out off stock.

I will post all mods.

Tom
Last edited by N827TM; May 05, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
May 05, 2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks. Lookin' forward to seeing your progress.
May 06, 2017, 07:56 AM
So many planes, So little time
I'm printing with Hatchbox white...
Name: Mig print F. 2.jpg
Views: 209
Size: 434.1 KB
Description:
After having a few foam Mig 15's and a fiberglass one too, It is cool to have one with a real inlet divider.

May 06, 2017, 11:05 AM
WJH
WJH
A Humbled Pilot
My Hatchbox black likes 205 degrees for the extruder temp, the 230 is way too high for it. You guys find the same thing with your stuff? Maybe its color specific?
May 06, 2017, 11:27 AM
Search results for 3Dlabprint 90mm Mig-15 and several variants of that didn't return anything. So I started a thread and then I found this one, go figure.

Anyway, I went for the 20% off initial offering. This should be a fun project.

I just finished printing the Stearman parts yesterday, and can start printing the mig parts while I'm finishing the Stearman. But first thing is to get caught up on reading this thread.
May 06, 2017, 06:15 PM
So many planes, So little time
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJH
My Hatchbox black likes 205 degrees for the extruder temp, the 230 is way too high for it. You guys find the same thing with your stuff? Maybe its color specific?
Yes I do find that 230 is a little to hot for the Hatchbox.
Printing the white at 222 and I have found that the black prints better cooler than that.
I think I had it printing at about 210
May 07, 2017, 06:47 AM
Fly 3D Mon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwellsy
Search results for 3Dlabprint 90mm Mig-15 and several variants of that didn't return anything. So I started a thread and then I found this one, go figure.

Anyway, I went for the 20% off initial offering. This should be a fun project.

I just finished printing the Stearman parts yesterday, and can start printing the mig parts while I'm finishing the Stearman. But first thing is to get caught up on reading this thread.
Where are you finding this 20% off?

Also I'm surprised they have released the files and still have not shown it flying yet.
May 07, 2017, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMON
Where are you finding this 20% off?
They sent out a coupon code to their email list. But it was only a seven day code which is already over. I've already deleted the email with the code.
May 07, 2017, 12:50 PM
Mansell Models
There are a few places where I am going to fill in the thin areas. but it's not bad. I am only home for a week next trip, so I don't have a lot of time. I will manage to get all the parts printed out. I paid full price for the file. No big deal, It is worth it! 3D Lab Prints put a ton of work into this jet.

Tom
May 08, 2017, 11:09 PM
MorganTech
I started printing the Mig this weekend, there must be over 80 hours of printing on this thing. I printed it at 0.2200 layer height, so it took a bit longer than the projected times. Here are a couple shots of the motor and battery layouts. I have 2- 2200's (slid in behind) and 2-1800 3S 65C pack in it right now and the CG is a tad bit nose heavy. I have not installed the servos yet, so that will help out the CG issue a bit. The 2200 packs are 24H x 34W x 107L, the issue is mostly the width and height with the lenght not being an issue. Another note is that the ESC tray needs to be removed to get the packs into the slots.
The EDF motor is the suggested Dr. Mad Thrust 90mm 1700KV motor, it needed a little trimming on the sides to allow for the mounting clamp.
May 08, 2017, 11:11 PM
MorganTech
Here are a couple more shots of all the parts printed out.

Quick Reply