MmmmmmmmmMiGs! Yum! - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 27, 2017, 04:58 AM
Registered User
Discussion

MmmmmmmmmMiGs! Yum!


mig 15 guide 9 (3 min 35 sec)


MiG-15 fully printed-flight trailer (0 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Andy_RR; May 10, 2017 at 01:09 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 27, 2017, 07:37 AM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Already decided after the P38 is done. I need to have one EDF at least
Apr 27, 2017, 11:23 AM
The RC Geek
JetMang's Avatar
whoa, that fan is WAY far forward...hmmm, interesting. I wonder what size packs they're running, they can't be very big. a 90mm setup wants large packs for any decent amount of flight time (and fun ). Doesn't look like much room under that hatch and I don't see any other hatches around the airframe. I guess we'll have to wait and see.


Chris
http://thercgeek.com
Last edited by JetMang; Apr 27, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
Apr 27, 2017, 01:30 PM
SJ
SJ
Registered User
SJ's Avatar
Wonder if it has retracts...
Apr 27, 2017, 01:38 PM
DFS#000178
Rampage's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
Wonder if it has retracts...
Yes.

mig 15 guide 10 (5 min 17 sec)
Apr 28, 2017, 07:57 AM
Registered User
Prowler901's Avatar
OK, that's very nice. Must buy more PLA.
Apr 28, 2017, 10:03 AM
The RC Geek
JetMang's Avatar
So, 2x 3s 2400 mah packs...what a disappointment. Don't expect to be flying very long, haha! Didn't stop me from picking up the model though! They released it last night. I've been waiting for this one to come out. My friend and I are going to look at what it would take to move the fan back which would allow larger capacity packs potentially.


Chris
http://thercgeek.com
Apr 28, 2017, 12:36 PM
SJ
SJ
Registered User
SJ's Avatar
It looks great, but the flight time will suck :-)

Need a flight video!
Apr 28, 2017, 12:43 PM
DFS#000178
Rampage's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
It looks great, but the flight time will suck :-)

Need a flight video!
Flight time sucks on pretty much all EDFs. 3-4 minutes is about your average.
Apr 28, 2017, 01:03 PM
Pro Hoarder
turbonut's Avatar
Silly comment^^^^^
Apr 28, 2017, 05:33 PM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Did mig15's ever have drop tanks? Drop tanks big enough for big batteries?
Apr 28, 2017, 08:33 PM
Registered User
Soma888's Avatar
That is very cool, looking forward to printing this when my 3D machine arrives.
Apr 30, 2017, 07:42 AM
So many planes, So little time
Xflyfun's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMang
So, 2x 3s 2400 mah packs...what a disappointment. Don't expect to be flying very long, haha! Didn't stop me from picking up the model though! They released it last night. I've been waiting for this one to come out. My friend and I are going to look at what it would take to move the fan back which would allow larger capacity packs potentially.


Chris
http://thercgeek.com
I agree!
I had mine downloaded before I knew about the Small batteries I'm sure setting the fan back a little bit is possible.
Or maybe, just fly it "FOUR minutes" with the 2400's and let those batteries melt out a larger space
I want to put a change Sun 90mm fan house in mine, it has been cut shorter but still has the mount tabs.
Apr 30, 2017, 11:15 AM
Mansell Models
N827TM's Avatar
Is it possible to scale this bird up? I would at least like to get a 6s 5000mah in there. The nice thing about this bird is it light weight. But we need bigger batteries. I plan on printing mine on a Robo 3D R1 plus with the Simplify 3D software.

Tom
May 01, 2017, 10:33 AM
The RC Geek
JetMang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xflyfun
I agree!
I had mine downloaded before I knew about the Small batteries I'm sure setting the fan back a little bit is possible.
Or maybe, just fly it "FOUR minutes" with the 2400's and let those batteries melt out a larger space
I want to put a change Sun 90mm fan house in mine, it has been cut shorter but still has the mount tabs.
What needs to happen is that they need to lengthen the hatch and move the fan back a good 12" (at least). They should be sizing to at least 4000 mah batteries for a 90mm setup.


Chris
http://thercgeek.com


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Stilton, yum, yum. Punkie Life, The Universe, and Politics 75 Mar 01, 2016 07:32 PM
Discussion Yum! Yum! Norman Adlam Life, The Universe, and Politics 35 Jun 26, 2015 05:32 PM
Yum Yum my kinda funůMultiple Electric Sailplane Hammer Head Sailplane Talk 0 May 04, 2005 01:43 AM