Aug 02, 2017, 07:48 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Me, too.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2017, 07:48 PM
I think you asked a valid question. I don't know how you would search for the combination of terms needed. The resistor block might discharge your battery quicker but without any control. The advantage of the ISDT unit is controlled discharge and, if I read their description correctly, controlled termination of discharge. Maybe the junsi chargers provide that control to the resistor blocks but I am not using junsi chargers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg
How does this product work with non junsi chargers?
Aug 09, 2017, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Anybody have a clue when this ISDT unit will be available? I'm waiting semi-patiently for this to come out.
If you're really wanting more discharge power, you might want to hold off until another vendor releases a 500-1000w version in the not so distant future .... of course I cannot confirm that such a product will happen, just a hunch ;^)
Aug 09, 2017, 01:05 PM
Well, I am still waiting. An unnamed company that you are involved with does make good gear. Maybe sometime in the not too distant future they will make what I am looking for. I just wish they would hurry up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
If you're really wanting more discharge power, you might want to hold off until another vendor releases a 500-1000w version in the not so distant future .... of course I cannot confirm that such a product will happen, just a hunch ;^)
Last edited by georgeg; Sep 23, 2017 at 04:38 PM.
Aug 09, 2017, 01:09 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Yeah, what he said. Fish or cut bait.
Aug 09, 2017, 08:30 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg
How does this product work with non junsi chargers?
Quote:
I think you asked a valid question. I don't know how you would search for the combination of terms needed. The resistor block might discharge your battery quicker but without any control. The advantage of the ISDT unit is controlled discharge and, if I read their description correctly, controlled termination of discharge. Maybe the junsi chargers provide that control to the resistor blocks but I am not using junsi chargers.
I believe this is a stand alone device. It does not require the concurrent use of a charger. Since Junsi make the iCharger line, which I believe is made by different folks than ISDT, I don't think it is relevant anyway.
Aug 09, 2017, 08:47 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Hm, in reply to an inquiry, I got a response saying it had only been tested with junsi chargers. I don't think it is stand alone, like the isdt product.

From the makers thread: 4mm bullet plugs are a direct fit to iChargers. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6670
Aug 09, 2017, 08:59 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
My bad. I mistakenly believed that you were talking about the ISDT product since that is what this thread is about. I did not really follow the links that were previously posted.

It seems to me that this product (the ISDT unit that is the main subject of this thread) will work stand alone and the resistor banks will work with any charger that is designed to work with resistors in series with the batteries while discharging. It was this feature of the iCharger line that made the decision for me when I bought mine.
Aug 09, 2017, 09:02 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Sounds like Revo has a better mousetrap on the way.
Aug 09, 2017, 09:10 PM
I am a nice guy! Really!
Yes, and they are still both coming attractions. Back in the '90's we called this vaporware.
Aug 09, 2017, 09:50 PM
Well, they are only vaporware until they are released. Hopefully that will be soon. It will be interesting to compare the two devices. Their big advantage is that they are standalone devices. (At least the ISDT unit is. Not enough info on the other device yet.) Being standalone, they don't requite purchase of new chargers just to get the desired amount of control over the discharge process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dubovsky
Yes, and they are still both coming attractions. Back in the '90's we called this vaporware.
Aug 12, 2017, 12:35 PM
And just how will we know when this discharger is available? Any chance you'll announce it here? Or at least send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly
Aug 12, 2017, 12:47 PM
cfg
cfg
Suspended Account
Me, too!
Sep 05, 2017, 07:27 PM
BG says the discharger will be available on 9/10/17 https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-FD-100...l?rmmds=search

Quote:
And just how will we know when this discharger is available? Any chance you'll announce it here? Or at least send me a PM.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:07 AM
Actually, I was referring to another discharger hinted at by RevoKelley. I've seen the estimated arrival date on Banggood. I'm more interested in when it will arrive at Aloft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTT GRaNT
BG says the discharger will be available on 9/10/17 https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-FD-100...l?rmmds=search

Quick Reply