This thread is privately moderated by BernardW, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 25, 2017, 07:18 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Thread OP
Discussion

Converting RCM Trainer 60 to a "UAV Trainer"

I'd like to add a Raspberry Pi and some sort of servo etc. controller board to my RCM Trainer 60, and add autopilot software such as Paparazzi or OpenPilot, not to use commercially yet but to start getting some knowledge and experience of fixed wing UAV's. Eventually I would like to get into this commercially using my own designed and built aerial platforms, in a much larger size and carrying more instruments, for geological surveys for mining, aerial photog. for farming, forestry or anywhere you need to cover a longer range and get aerial photos or other data. I'm extremely interested in this and have many ideas.

If anyone has done this, as far as adding autopilot and other robotic control software etc. please let me know, I'd love to discuss this and get your advice, and I'll post everything I manage to get working. I know there are UAV areas on RCG so I will definitely check them out next.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2017, 07:50 PM
This is another great area to get knowledge. You may have already been there http://diydrones.com/
Apr 25, 2017, 08:14 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneblueyedog
This is another great area to get knowledge. You may have already been there http://diydrones.com/
Thanks, yes I'd seen the site before but hadn't remembered it so that's a good tip. It's pretty amazing all the great projects and support out there for UAV projects, I look forward to it. Just been away working so I've got a pocketful of healthy pay burning a hole in my pocket, so I better go get that Raspberry Pi and everything else as soon as possible! I'll post about the project as it gets under way, but I have a 2 other models on the trot as we speak, which are both behind schedule. Adding the autopilot isn't a big job, I'm just thinking I might find it hard to devote enough time to learn much about it for a while. Anyway, too many models is a good problem to have

Quick Reply