May 05, 2017, 05:48 PM
Thread OP
yeah was thinking servo, but the extra 1.5g would show, don't think it's worth it
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2017, 11:22 AM
AMA 1033652
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxxx
yeah was thinking servo, but the extra 1.5g would show, don't think it's worth it
Yeah, but camera tilt on a quad this size would be pretty awesome; probably have to step up to the Tiny7 frame for that. Don't think there'd be enough lift with a trimotor build, but I might be wrong. Feel like adding yaw servo support?

mnem
moo and a half.
May 06, 2017, 05:38 PM
Anyone change the battery connector? Most of my micro batteries are the Micro LOSI. It looks like they "might" fit but I don't want to mess up the battery connectors, where they become slightly enlarged.
May 06, 2017, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartambient
Anyone change the battery connector? Most of my micro batteries are the Micro LOSI. It looks like they "might" fit but I don't want to mess up the battery connectors, where they become slightly enlarged.
I've just attached a micro losi wired connector as well as leaving the stock connector in place. Extra weight but I can use either batteries.
May 06, 2017, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormadearmy
I've just attached a micro losi wired connector as well as leaving the stock connector in place. Extra weight but I can use either batteries.
Yeah I may do that, it can't be more then a fraction of a gram.
May 06, 2017, 06:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemennth
Yeah, but camera tilt on a quad this size would be pretty awesome; probably have to step up to the Tiny7 frame for that. Don't think there'd be enough lift with a trimotor build, but I might be wrong. Feel like adding yaw servo support?

mnem
moo and a half.
I was thinking of trying a tricopter again, maybe with the new 0703 motors, I might post something if I do get one made.
May 06, 2017, 06:08 PM
Quote:
@SirDomsen

I've been playing with pids a little, do you feel like trying this ones?

I had to add b to reduce overshoot or else it needs a very high d
Sounds interesting, whereby the setpoint sounds quite high - I'm curious how it flies. I'll try asap of course.

Flying the Bwhoop outside with the last stock PIDs made me think of an improvement, those are a good racing-tune start piloint and suit for most people I guess.. I also thought about racing and/or beginner PIDs/perhaps switchable? perhaps even coupled with high/low rates (for the precompiled hex).

I Also, modified my model file for 7e, would work quite well I think. It's for 'stock' 7e without switch mod.

For whatever reason it's raining and cold outside again, so it 'll take a while until I can test everything
May 06, 2017, 06:14 PM
Quote:
I did a 90 adaptor for losi batteries - that will cost of course a little bit of power - but those plugs always do. Still considering the best plug for those small builds...
May 06, 2017, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDomsen
I did a 90 adaptor for losi batteries - that will cost of course a little bit of power - but those plugs always do. Still considering the best plug for those small builds...
Any chance you can show me a link? I did a few searches but just found losi connector with wires.
May 06, 2017, 07:01 PM
AMA 1033652
Quote:
This will most definitely ruin the connector. Don't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormadearmy
This is how I have my E010; I was thinking of modding a MOLEX/Losi connector for PCB mount to minimize weight on the BWHOOP.

Quote:
I was thinking of trying a tricopter again, maybe with the new 0703 motors, I might post something if I do get one made.
I dunno... those 703s just seem to BEG to be bolted directly to an H8 PCB... But 112gr thrust on a 1S build from 4 1.9 gram motors is pretty amazing... and getting 160 grams on a 2S nano build is just scary. I think that's about what my EX120 Hex makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDomsen
Experience of years flying BL Microhelis says that the MOLEX/Losi connector is the best choice for any sub 1 gram power connector; simply because of how much % overload it will handle, and the fact it usually lasts ~3-5x its rated lifetime of 30 cycles. I ran them on dual BL builds that drew 5A continuous; the best I ever got out of the JST/PowerWhoop connector was 3A, and I had them melting from time to time.

mnem
Pants are highly overrated.
Last edited by mnemennth; May 06, 2017 at 07:16 PM.
May 06, 2017, 08:00 PM
Today I received the Bwhoops from the eBay $8 deal, USA left coast. Flew threw one charge cycle of the stock battery several minutes outdoors in a light breeze and about a minute indoors before the LVC shut off and landed the quad. Throttle response is laggy and no punch. The auto land and take off is nifty and alt hold is fun for my 8yo to learn. Will fly it next with my Devo 12E.

Waiting for my micro connectors to arrive on the slow boat so I can silver this thing.
May 06, 2017, 08:38 PM
AMA 1033652
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDawg
Today I received the Bwhoops from the eBay $8 deal, USA left coast. Flew threw one charge cycle of the stock battery several minutes outdoors in a light breeze and about a minute indoors before the LVC shut off and landed the quad. Throttle response is laggy and no punch. The auto land and take off is nifty and alt hold is fun for my 8yo to learn. Will fly it next with my Devo 12E.

Waiting for my micro connectors to arrive on the slow boat so I can silver this thing.
Glad you actually got BWHOOPs and not boxes with rocks in them.

Throttle response is nonexistent due to the fact Altitude Hold is always on and cannot be turned off.

Auto Land/TO is more headache than its worth. It's too easily confused if it sucks up to a wall or ceiling; it tries to stick there and then loses its mind and falls to the ground, where you have to recal before it'll fly right. After that, it can't figure out where to land.

If you have the programming dongle from an HS1177 family camera, you can hack the end off that and solder in 0.100" pin header, then use it for both purposes.

Cheers,

mnem
I am not my pants. No, I am not your pants either.
May 07, 2017, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Any chance you can show me a link? I did a few searches but just found losi connector with wires.
Well I just took the plug from a dead 6in1 charger, soldered the BWhoop plug 90 on it and put some epoxy in between. Unfortunately I can't do a picture right now because the adapter was not for me
May 07, 2017, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemennth
Experience of years flying BL Microhelis says that the MOLEX/Losi connector is the best choice for any sub 1 gram power connector; simply because of how much % overload it will handle, and the fact it usually lasts ~3-5x its rated lifetime of 30 cycles. I ran them on dual BL builds that drew 5A continuous; the best I ever got out of the JST/PowerWhoop connector was 3A, and I had them melting from time to time.

mnem
Pants are highly overrated.
Well the losis don't melt but the voltage drop is way too large. Usually I take 2mm gold plugs, but they're a bit long for a BHoop/H8mini
May 07, 2017, 02:55 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
For connectors exceeding 5-6A on micro builds I use 1223 Micro Deans. Although ancient, still hard to beat in weight v.s. current/cycles.
The few brushed low current 1s and 2s micros I have left just get new Losi Micro-T aka Walkera Mini aka Molex 51005/51006 crimped on periodically.

Quick Reply