May 02, 2017, 08:13 PM
AMA 1033652

My AKK S2s arrived today. As I feared, they are still pretty heavy all up at 4.20 grams.

Even allowing 0.30 grams for the 26ga silicone wires, it's still pretty heavy at 3.9 grams.

I'll follow up once I have a chance to see what the bare cam actually weighs... but I'm still not crying for $12.70 apiece.

mnem
*sigh*
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2017, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemennth
Yes, I had this problem with one prop right after hitting the wall pretty hard; the prop just wouldn't stay on. Replaced it with a new one and it was fine.

The semi-rubber consistency of the frame on the BWHOOP doesn't protect the props very well, IMO.

mnem
*Boingy, boingy, boingy, boingy...*
Agreed. The frame is annoying me a bit as it's rubbery and doesn't protect the props. The part I find really annoying is having to fine tune the ducts after any crash to stop the now deformed duct from the prop rubbing on it. I'm trying to find a round metal tube maybe 3mm wider than the duct and then squeezing it in there to increase the diameter a bit. Then put it into boiling water for a few seconds and letting it cool. If that doesn't work I may shave a bit off each prop blade, but that will lose some thrust.

On a side, I tried the Kingkong props tonight and actually like them on this quad. They don't solve the above problem though. I got just over a six minute flight time with a 350 mAh battery while doing nonstop flips and heavy acro.

craigr
May 03, 2017, 01:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool
I just got mine in today and I think something is wrong with it as at full throttle it barely climbs at all and during flight it sinks slowly.
Is this the way this model works out the box for you guys as I have not seen any videos of this thing flying to judge if mine is defective.
The quad does ascend slowly, but I noticed one of mine did this too, same thing, really, it dropped a bit instead of holding at center. I think it was the tx, it was flying fine on the devo.

there is a video in here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...%28bare-cam%29

There is a "heavy lift" mode by holding one of the shoulder buttons down for a while, maybe that can help
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemennth

My AKK S2s arrived today. As I feared, they are still pretty heavy all up at 4.20 grams.

Even allowing 0.30 grams for the 26ga silicone wires, it's still pretty heavy at 3.9 grams.

I'll follow up once I have a chance to see what the bare cam actually weighs... but I'm still not crying for $12.70 apiece.

mnem
*sigh*
Last edited by silverxxx; May 05, 2017 at 05:46 PM.
May 03, 2017, 07:37 AM
Rooky
Quote:
I just got mine in today and I think something is wrong with it as at full throttle it barely climbs at all and during flight it sinks slowly.
Is this the way this model works out the box for you guys as I have not seen any videos of this thing flying to judge if mine is defective.
Mine got better stock when I calibrated the barometer and used load mode.
May 03, 2017, 08:38 AM
Rooky
I got 4:24 on a cheap 260 mah battery until the leds started blinking!! im really happy with that
May 03, 2017, 01:08 PM
How do you calibrate the barometer?
May 04, 2017, 03:06 AM
Thread OP
The code was updated to fix a telemetry range issue, now the range is similar to other boards.

I also found the pin on the cam connector ( marked S or SX), it's connected to clk thru a 4.7K resistor. That's because clk can be used as a serial out, which explains SX name.

Using the plug currently as a connector for openlog:
Name: 20170504_172046res.jpg
Views: 166
Size: 146.6 KB
Description:
May 04, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverxxx
The code was updated to fix a telemetry range issue, now the range is similar to other boards.

I also found the pin on the cam connector ( marked S or SX), it's connected to clk thru a 4.7K resistor. That's because clk can be used as a serial out, which explains SX name.

Attachment 10011535
Cool! What do the logs speak?
May 04, 2017, 05:51 AM
Quote:
How do you calibrate the barometer?
For me this helped:

-Quad on ground, bound to tx. Put both sticks to the bottom right, wait (blink blink), center. Then bottom left (blink blink) center.
-Start the quad using the auto launch button
-Press and hold the right shoulder button (load mode, blink blink)
-land the quad and launch again, should be pretty fine now

Different batteries might require to redo this procedure.
May 04, 2017, 06:02 AM
I did that last night and it seems to be better now, I think I wasn't holding the sticks to the bottom right long enough for the calibration to finish.
Thanks for your help.
May 04, 2017, 10:56 AM
AMA 1033652
I managed to shave my AKK S2 down so it's REALLY 2.8 grams ready to use... see here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...The-AKK-S2-BS2

Cheers!

mnem
*Feeling the light*
May 04, 2017, 05:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDomsen
Cool! What do the logs speak?
I've only recorded some voltages so far, but even that's interesting
May 05, 2017, 02:21 AM
Thread OP
@SirDomsen

I've been playing with pids a little, do you feel like trying this ones?

I had to add b to reduce overshoot or else it needs a very high d
Quote:
// Kp ROLL PITCH YAW
float pidkp[PIDNUMBER] = { 21.0e-2 , 21.0e-2 , 6e-1 };

// Ki ROLL PITCH YAW
float pidki[PIDNUMBER] = { 17.0e-1 , 17.0e-1 , 3e-1 };

// Kd ROLL PITCH YAW
float pidkd[PIDNUMBER] = { 8.5e-1 , 8.5e-1 , 5.0e-1 };

// "setpoint weighting" 0.0 - 1.0 where 0.0 = normal pid
float b[3] = { 0.25 , 0.25 , 0.0};
Last edited by silverxxx; May 05, 2017 at 05:43 AM.
May 05, 2017, 05:28 AM
http://der-frickler.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDomsen
For me this helped:
-Quad on ground, bound to tx. Put both sticks to the bottom right, wait (blink blink), center. Then bottom left (blink blink) center.
-Start the quad using the auto launch button
-Press and hold the right shoulder button (load mode, blink blink)
-land the quad and launch again, should be pretty fine now
Different batteries might require to redo this procedure.
Thanks a lot, That helped! Mine is flying fine now with the Eachine TX01S Cam
May 05, 2017, 03:22 PM
AMA 1033652
Quote:

That's pretty far from the 2.8 they advertised
Actually, they DO state that is without antenna. Mine came through at about 3.05 grams with antenna removed, and 2.47 grams with no wires or antenna. It's all in my blog...

Quote:

Attachment 10011535
Kinky...

This could open up a few other possibilities as well, I'll wager... WS2812 LEDs, maybe even control a micro servo.

mnem
Well isn't that just Nipply...

Quick Reply